Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"El Diamante" Verdejo vs "Bud" Crawford @ 140 lbs / 10 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verdejo obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Lmao... So now speed makes a fighter "complete"

I think a lot of you fanboys need to get your definitions straight..

Who has punched Verdejo in the face??

When has Verdejo been in a competitve fight in deep waters??

How does Verdejo react when hurt??

Who is the best fighter that Verdejo has walked down??

Who is he best fighter that Verdejo has outboxed on the backfoot???

Can Verdejo switch between orthodox and southpaw seamlessly????

Verdejo is a blue chip prospect but is still a big question mark at the world class level..
      Like I said before, that's why promoters feed prospects a bunch of bums, because fanboys will eat it up and proclaim a guy great before he even fights one ranked guy
      I never say he was a complete fighter in my comment, YOU SAID that he will NEVER be better than Crawford and I LAUGH, how can u say that??? your the only here that can see because your nose is in the way, Verdejo obviously got better physical attributes, faster, stronger, bigger 'frame'(not taller) and is younger, give Verdejo 3 more years and i will bet you anything that Verdejo will be better and more popular than Crawford ever gonna be..

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
        Crawford is too big for Verdejo and is probably a few fights away from welterweight already. By the time Verdejo hits 140, Crawford will be at 147. I picked Crawford as he is highly skilled, but just the bigger man.
        Originally posted by icha View Post
        verdejo needs to fight a live body first, he passes the eye test to me, but so did juanma...
        I agree with these two comments.

Felix looks good, and I'd be excited too if I was a fan, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Comment

pendejo is the goods. it's going to be great seeing this kid develop.

dynamite in both hands. ridiculous speed. great in and out movement and very good infighting. keeps his hands up and moves his head.

love his check-hooks, too. want to see how he takes a good shot. if he fights like juanma or khan when his whiskers are touched, then it's a wrap.

his opponent selection thus far has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
            I never say he was a complete fighter in my comment, YOU SAID that he will NEVER be better than Crawford and I LAUGH, how can u say that??? your the only here that can see because your nose is in the way, Verdejo obviously got better physical attributes, faster, stronger, bigger 'frame'(not taller) and is younger, give Verdejo 3 more years and i will bet you anything that Verdejo will be better and more popular than Crawford ever gonna be..
            Verdejo could be the next berto, ortiz or bojado for all we know..

Its cool that you are a fanboy, but i can't put my faith in a guy that hasn't fought anyone yet, especially over an undefeated p4p guy thats proven in 2 divisions..
            90% of the time, prospects never achieve the stardom that fanboys proclaim on them as prospects..

Verdejo looks to be the real deal, but I'm not going to put him above crawford, until he actually proves it

Comment

atually, Verdejo is the taller man, but Crawford the heaviest. I don't know much about Verdejo, but Crawford is the definition of a complete fighter, he fight orthodoxe and southpaw, he's got good KO power, he's got good chin, he's got beast endurance, he can brawl, he's precise with his punch. Even if Verdejo was to be as good as some people here want him to be, i think it's too early for him (he's 22) to take on a prime time Terence Crawford and he would get his ass whooped pretty bad. The only fight that make sense at 140 now is Crawford-Postol (or Pacquiao but it's over). But i guess that's the deal with boxing, you never get the best matchups because there is too many belts for every weight category.
              Last edited by UFC_Boxing; 01-02-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I can't believe somebody actually picked the young prospect vs the proven champ.

Comment

a prospect vs a pound for pounder

bud crawford is the real f#cking deal.

let verdejo grow and learn how to box professionally. he's got a lot of talent, and there's going to be a void for popularity in PR once cotto retires. he could be a star.

a beating at this point could ruin him.

crawford would be way too much. he's too big, punches too hard, and has too much experience. great chin, too. maybe the speed gives him problems early, but i doubt it.

crawford via knockout. not a tough fight to handicap.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    a prospect vs a pound for pounder

bud crawford is the real f#cking deal.

let verdejo grow and learn how to box professionally. he's got a lot of talent, and there's going to be a void for popularity in PR once cotto retires. he could be a star.

a beating at this point could ruin him.

crawford would be way too much. he's too big, punches too hard, and has too much experience. great chin, too. maybe the speed gives him problems early, but i doubt it.

crawford via knockout. not a tough fight to handicap.
                    I think Verdejo as the speed and power to surprise Crawford and make him fight on the backfoot until he finds a way to adjust. It would be a good scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by VERDUGO View Post
                      I can't believe somebody actually picked the young prospect vs the proven champ.
                      Why are you writing him off so fast?

Comment

Working...
                      X