No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    If this fight doesn't happen it can hardly be a duck on Floyd's part.
    How does that work when Floyd is the top dog at 154lbs and Martinez (the top dog at 160) is willing to cut weight to make it happen?

Who else is there for Floyd who has the resume to back up a claim to fighting him? Alvarez?

Comment

• A funny reminder, courtesy of WESS's sig :

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
      Very hard to call, this one. The problem for Mayweather is that he has never, ever faced anyone that has been in the same league as Judah. I give the bout to Judah.
      Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
      I see hatton winning by KO in the 10th or 11th in what experts will call the biggest upset in years.
      Originally posted by xcaret View Post
      Mayweather doesnt have the power to KO Oscar or even hurt him...

Oscar by KO... Mayweather is a ****ing ***** when he knows his opponent can punch..
      Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      my point still stands, **** history floyd needs to fight mosley or get colon cancer and die
      Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
      The kid is 10 years younger. He's bigger & stronger. Youth tells. Floyd is gonna get stopped by Victor Ortiz. If you feel up to it, bet me... 6 to 1 odds... my 100 mill against your 600 mil... or whatever...
      Originally posted by Anto View Post
      Miguel Cotto is very, very confident that he will beat Floyd Mayweather. Cotto should finish mayweather by the nine round. maybe by the eight. Floyd will not be able to stop the runaway train. his speed will not help this time neither his rolling movements, this time he will kiss the canvas for the first time. no escape , his time to go to jail could be delay while he go to the hospital to get back in his feet. be ready .
      This shit has been going on for the last 6 years now.

Step 1 : claim that Floyd will not take a particular fight because he's scared

Step 2 : once the fight is signed, predict that Floyd will lose

Step 3 : after Floyd wins, come up with excuses to discredit the win

Step 4 : look for the next fighter that Floyd is ducking

It's predictable but still very entertaining so by all means keep doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        How does that work when Floyd is the top dog at 154lbs and Martinez (the top dog at 160) is willing to cut weight to make it happen?

Who else is there for Floyd who has the resume to back up a claim to fighting him? Alvarez?
        To be honest I think Canelo is a tougher fight at 154 for Floyd than Martinez, that is just a personal opinion though. Martinez would be more meaningful currently but long term Canelo could end up the better win then again it could also end up very meaningless~

The most gangster thing Floyd could do is fight and beat Martinez at 160, that would be some historical sh, beating him at 154 is nice but him coming down would take away from it a great deal for me and I am a Floyd guy.
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          A funny reminder, courtesy of WESS's sig :

That's just one person though.

You're always going to find one person saying something like that. No matter who the fighter is.

Mayweather's an arsehole. He's got a lot of people who don't like him so this is always going to be the case with him anyway.

The only fight out of those lists that a long long long list of people were truley saying Mayweather was ducking and should fight and Mayweather is scared to death of etc etc was Mosley.

It is true though, if Mayweather were to beat Martinez then a lot of the people who are asking for the fight now will discredit it. But again, you've got to expect it at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            To be honest I think Canelo is a tougher fight at 154 for Floyd than Martinez, that is just a personal opinion though. Martinez would be more meaningful currently but long term Canelo could end up the better win thena gain it could also end up very meaningless~

The most gangster thing Floyd could do is fight and beat Martinez at 160, that would be some historical sh, beating him at 154 is nice but him coming down would take away from it a great deal for me and I am a Floyd guy.
            Whether Canelo is a physically tougher fight than Martinez isn't the point, though. The point is that Mayweather is such a big name that he needs opponets with legitimate credibility, and Canelo doesn't have that right now. Only Martinez and Pacquiao do, and it's clear that the Pacquiao fight isn't happening, so that only leaves Sergio. And with Sergio willing to cut weight to make the fight happen there's no reason whatsoever for it not to other than cowardice.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Floyd being the top-dog in the division doesn't mean that he is on top of his game. The division can be weak which in this case I think it is. Plus he is HARDLY in the division. He has been boxing for longer then Martinez, he is coming out of prison he is coming towards the end of his career while Martinez is coming off the biggest win in his career. And now if he doesn't fight the number one guy who is naturally bigger then him, it's a duck? GTFO Was RJJ ducking Lennox Lewis by fighting Ruiz? Was that a duck or are we asking too much from Floyd?

Martinez says he can make the weight....so did Dawson...so did DLH. If floyd wins, great he beat up a weight drained guy. If Floyd loses great he lost to a weight drained guy. Lose-Lose

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                That's just one person though.

You're always going to find one person saying something like that. No matter who the fighter is.

Mayweather's an arsehole. He's got a lot of people who don't like him so this is always going to be the case with him anyway.

The only fight out of those lists that a long long long list of people were truley saying Mayweather was ducking and should fight and Mayweather is scared to death of etc etc was Mosley.

It is true though, if Mayweather were to beat Martinez then a lot of the people who are asking for the fight now will discredit it. But again, you've got to expect it at this point.
                What I never got about the whole "Floyd won't get any credit for beating (insert fighter here)" argument is why the **** so many fans (not just Mayweather fans, but fans in general) give a single drop of piss about whether or not their fighter will get credit from fans on the internet.

Who gives a **** what people on the internet say, really? If "your guy" (another thing I have issue with) is fighting and beating the best then you shouldn't be sensitive about such nonsense to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  A funny reminder, courtesy of WESS's sig :

This shit has been going on for the last 6 years now.

Step 1 : claim that Floyd will not take a particular fight because he's scared

Step 2 : once the fight is signed, predict that Floyd will lose

Step 3 : after Floyd wins, come up with excuses to discredit the win

Step 4 : look for the next fighter that Floyd is ducking

It's predictable but still very entertaining so by all means keep doing it.
                  Wess's sig is unbelievably pointless and stupid, because you can literally find someone who says something like that about the losing fighter of every fight in existence. It ignores the context, which is that 80% of NSB picked Floyd to kick Ortiz's ass, 90% did not want Floyd to fight Khan under any circumstance, 70% thought he would look better against Cotto then he did, etc.

It's easy to pick individual quotes from loyal fans of other fighters or trolls who do nothing but hate on Floyd and make it look like Floyd is always underestimated and never gets respect. Even the quote picking Hatton mentions how that would be a big upset, and that's one of the most hyped Floyd fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exposed Agenda
                    They already making excuses as to why Floyd shouldn't fight Martinez. Wow.

How pathetic are you fan boys?
                    I am so pathetic that I get banned from a website and then make another account with a different name to talk ****...

Comment

• Let's hope it happen. Floyd has fought guys who weighed 160+ lbs on fight night before. Floyd is a champ at 154lbs, and Sergio can make 154lbs. I think Sergio would only add 10lbs on fight night[164lbs], same thing that Ortiz weighed against Floyd on fight night. I don't think Floyd will accept the challenge though, the only way that i can see him accept is if only Sergio was as flat-footed as Chavez Jr, Baldomir, ect.
                      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 09-27-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X