No announcement yet.

My call on Kovalev vs Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
    Read the OP. He says he watched their last 5 fights each then just gives vague reasoning why Kovalev will win like "he has fast feet". To make this thread worth while he should at least point out key moments in the fights that he watched that prove his statements.
    OK. Good. Why not give us your educated contribution then and show us all how it's done? Wouldn't that be a little more productive?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      OK. Good. Why not give us your educated contribution then and show us all how it's done? Wouldn't that be a little more productive?
      What? That makes no sense, I'm not the one who made this thread. I just felt like the OP made the thread just for the sake of getting reassurance for his hunch that Kovalev will "break Ward down". Then he ends with "Don't get mad at me, go watch their fights". Watch what exactly? What are we looking for when we watch their last 5 fights?
      Last edited by fighter1234; 10-03-2016, 12:39 AM.

Comment

What? That makes no sense, I'm not the one who made this thread. I just felt like the OP made the thread just for the sake of getting reassurance for his hunch that Kovalev will "break Ward down". Then he ends with "Don't get mad at me, go watch their fights". Watch what exactly? What are we looking for when we watch their last 5 fights?
        It makes alot of sense. What he is asking of you is tell us how Ward beats Kovalev. Maybe that skipped right over the top of you head but here is you chance. Break it down for us.

Comment

You are dumb as fuk if you think I didnt break how I thought this fight would go down. If you can read english you dumb mfer I called how it would go. jesus you red K mfers are so god damn stupid.

Comment

So you felt his breakdown wasn't very good? You felt it was agenda driven? If that's your take cool, but why not answer by raising the tone then and giving your own breakdown instead of just some throwaway b1sh? Wouldn't that be more satisfactory?

EDIT. Just to clarify, I thought the OPs contribution was genuine and a valid opinion, whether or not you agree with it. Your jumping on him for simply offering his take irked me. And I'm feeling irritable this morning anyway. I'm 44 today.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-03-2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              So you felt his breakdown wasn't very good? You felt it was agenda driven? If that's your take cool, but why not answer by raising the tone then and giving your own breakdown instead of just some throwaway b1sh? Wouldn't that be more satisfactory?

EDIT. Just to clarify, I thought the OPs contribution was genuine and a valid opinion, whether or not you agree with it. Your jumping on him for simply offering his take irked me. And I'm feeling irritable this morning anyway. I'm 44 today.

Happy birthday bro.

Comment

great thread, i said in an earlier thread 'dont be shocked if ward hits the deck in round 1' and i can see it. Nothing has prepared him for kovalevs power

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                  Happy birthday bro.
                  cheers brah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                    Sure, 20 billion. Book mark it because I will forget it, or sig it.

To be honest Id go all in.
                    No need to sig it. I'll remember it and pay you if Ward loses. If not, I'll remind you to pay!

Comment

great thread, i said in an earlier thread 'dont be shocked if ward hits the deck in round 1' and i can see it. Nothing has prepared him for kovalevs power
                      Although Kov has power, he's not really a one punch KO artist. I think his underrated timing and jab will cause Ward more trouble than sheer power. I don't think Kov will be able to catch Ward with anything big but if he is accurate with is jab, Ward will be in for a long night and likely a loss.

Ward also has a great jab but I think stamina will be his key to victory. He'll have to make Kov second guess himself by using his opponent's aggressive nature against him to set traps. Ward must utilize his superior footwork to angle himself in and out of danger when transition from defense to offense. He'll also need to use feints, stutter steps and lots of quick lateral movement to make Kov hesitate on throwing. Also, Ward has the advantage in hand speed but his timing/accuracy looks to slightly off therefore he needs to keep his offense simple in order to remain responsible on defense.

IMHO, Ward will have to be perfect for the majority of the fight. I think Ward is the underdog but something about his champion mindset and approach to the sport makes me think he can pull it off.....

Comment

Working...
                      X