Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Canelo vs Cotto will happen in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Well fighting someone is better than fighting no one. Canelo didn't want to risk being hung out to dry if Cotto didn't eventually sign to fight him. He is in his prime and wants to stay active. They negotiated that fight for months already and Cotto never seemed to really want it.

Sergio already had several title defenses when he fought Cotto. Also Cotto was a junior middleweight, not a welterweight. And of course at that time GGG had four less wins than he does now.
    Cotto was waiting for Floyd... If Canelo just waited he'd have Cotto right now. What if Cotto chose Floyd instead? Canelo would probably still be fighting on May 9th on HBO anyway. I don't want to get into this anymore, it's obvious at this point we could have had May/Pac and Cotto/Canelo... I'm not blaming the guy who isn't fighting while Canelo has a dance partner.

As for your martinez comment, you can make any excuse for it he ducked GGG just as bad and for the same reasons as Cotto, money. So, people can get mad at me for still being a Cotto fan but I'm keeping it real. I'm not saying some BS like he needs to join Cotto promotions or Cotto hates Loeffler and can't do business with him. Since it's okay to duck as long as you have an excuse, I'll say... GGG doesn't draw enough. Is that better? Cotto isn't ducking GGG just isn't a big enough draw, that's all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      No. I don't think Cotto wants to fight Canelo. It's a big money fight for him but I think he fears a knockout defeat. Canelo punches harder than men who have knocked Cotto out before. Canelo goes for the KO and he usually gets it. Cotto can handle a points loss to Mayweather but a KO loss would probably be the end of his career. Look at his possible next opponent. Rios, Bradley, or Bundrage. None of those three can beat him or even knock him down. Cotto is not a big risk taker these days. I am glad he knocked Martinez out of boxing but he needs to be a better champion than Martinez was.
      comical. Canelo's signature knock outs include a washed up angulo, and equally washed up cintron and undersized lopez and well what's the point....
      meanwhile Cotto withstood 11rds v. bricks and then after suffered at the hands of an ATG/HOF...
      I can appreciate the riding but damn its just delusional mentality collectively shared by his entire demographic fan base...
      Last edited by PR ESQ.; 02-25-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Cotto was waiting for Floyd... If Canelo just waited he'd have Cotto right now. What if Cotto chose Floyd instead? Canelo would probably still be fighting on May 9th on HBO anyway. I don't want to get into this anymore, it's obvious at this point we could have had May/Pac and Cotto/Canelo... I'm not blaming the guy who isn't fighting while Canelo has a dance partner.

As for your martinez comment, you can make any excuse for it he ducked GGG just as bad and for the same reasons as Cotto, money. So, people can get mad at me for still being a Cotto fan but I'm keeping it real. I'm not saying some BS like he needs to join Cotto promotions or Cotto hates Loeffler and can't do business with him. Since it's okay to duck as long as you have an excuse, I'll say... GGG doesn't draw enough. Is that better? Cotto isn't ducking GGG just isn't a big enough draw, that's all it is.
        I agree that we've gone far enough with this. I'm just going to reply to the two bolded comments.

How do you know that Canelo would have the Cotto fight if he waited? Quite possibly Canelo and Golden Boy decided that after lengthy negotiations with Cotto, they weren't going to ever reach a deal.

And if Cotto doesn't get Mayweather or Canelo next, there is no bigger draw available than GGG. There is no way of knowing how Floyd comes out of the Pacquiao fight, and the Canelo fight has already failed to be made once.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I agree that we've gone far enough with this. I'm just going to reply to the two bolded comments.

How do you know that Canelo would have the Cotto fight if he waited? Quite possibly Canelo and Golden Boy decided that after lengthy negotiations with Cotto, they weren't going to ever reach a deal.

And if Cotto doesn't get Mayweather or Canelo next, there is no bigger draw available than GGG. There is no way of knowing how Floyd comes out of the Pacquiao fight, and the Canelo fight has already failed to be made once.
          Well... Oscar said he thought Mayweather/Cotto was going to happen, he said that to media multiple times. His guy then signs to fight another guy... Then May/Pac gets done. That's the reality of the situation, you're saying Cotto/Canelo may not have been done anyway. I'm saying, it can't be done now no matter what because Canelo is fighting someone else. I'll take the actual situation over your theoretical one.

I don't know who Cotto is going to fight next, he might not until Floyd beats Pac who knows... What if Pac wins? Then Cotto/Canelo gets made. Cotto has options, don't be mad that he has some and Canelo's only option is Cotto. Well... then again there is another MW with a title if he wants one so bad if the smaller guy won't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
            Why do any of you want a cotto/mayweather rematch???
            because aside from manny and ggg there arnt any opponents worth a fight left. two world class fighters in the ring is what any boxing fans would want I think at least.

Comment

Canelo isn't ready. Oscar will wait a few more years. Kid looked like crap for 4 straight fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                Cotto loves the limelight to himself. Probably didn't care to be side note news to THE fight. After THE fight is all done and dusted, Cotto & Canelo can have their time...come September.
                Cant wait to watch them..will be epic!

Comment

It won't shock me if it's Mayweather vs. Cotto II in September, but Cotto needs to fight a real challenge, Cornelius Bundrage doesn't cut it. Fight a real Middleweight and if it's not Golovkin it better be someone that is damn close.

Comment

Yes, I think it will be on the same card as the Mayweather fight that weekend. September is a huge fight night.

Comment

Working...
                    X