Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re Watched Trinidad vs Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitaker was, clearly, past his prime but Trinidad did what he had to do. Trinidad was the first one to beat him clearly, although I thought Rivera might have beat Whitaker during their first fight. I haven't seen it in a while though.

Comment

The fight was prime Tito vs way past prime Sweet Pea. A great win, but I don't put a ton of stock in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChangoHater View Post
        How was he past his prime? he was coming off a loss to oscar where many think he won
        Whitaker was past his prime. Welterweight was never his best weight. His best days were his days at Lightweight. Still a good fighter at WW, just not enough to beat THAT Trinidad. The Oscar fight was close though.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Not to me he didn't. Tito also elbowed Pea and broke his jaw, Pea said.
          pea is the one who fought dirty here if he got elbowed it was most likely out of consequence of one of his dirty tactics

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
            Whitaker was, clearly, past his prime but Trinidad did what he had to do. Trinidad was the first one to beat him clearly, although I thought Rivera might have beat Whitaker during their first fight. I haven't seen it in a while though.
            Yo tampoco pero pienso lo mismo.

I think the first Rivera-Whitaker fight was in Saint Thomas.

Comment

I don't remember what round it was, but I felt bad for Sweet Pea, he took like 4 or 5 clean uppercuts and was clearly wobbled around.

Plus in this fight, he sat on his ass like three times and didn't get called a KD.

Comment

Has anybody else dominated whitaker like Tito?
                I was hollering my butt off for Tito in that fight and was very happy he won.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                  I was hollering my butt off for Tito in that fight and was very happy he won.
                  Dang! Time flies!

Comment

Has anybody else dominated whitaker like Tito?
                    No, that was the only fight he truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                      Considering a past prime Whitaker vs prime Tito at Welterweight and a near 9 year age difference, I don't take much stock in it.
                      Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Claming Pernell Whitaker wasn't past his prime in the Trinidad fight is just ridiculous to an overwhelming level.
                      Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      nonsense........apparently you haven't seen much sweat pea
                      I don't have anything to add....

Comment

Working...
                      X