No announcement yet.

How do you tell who's resume is better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    good system in all fairness, some tricky spots e.g. marquez jumping up 2 weight classes to fight mayweather. do you take his lightweight ranking even though he was at a weight disadvantage especially after the contract was breached?
    Nope, when Floyd beat Marquez hes gets 0pts because i don't believe Marquez was a top 10 WW when he moved up from LW so that's 0pts.

If the fighters are both ranked high in there division but fight is at catch weight
    Example, Floyd Vs Canelo and Pac Vs Cotto the winner gets -5 from there total point earnings. Floyd beat Canelo whos #2 i believe, so that's 40pts minus 5 for the catch weight, so Floyd got 35Pts in total beating Canelo.

Comment

Best way is to follow the sport as much as you can..Who they fought, and when they fought are the most important factors but your point system is ok..

Comment

this is a very good system imo ,

only problem is the strength of an era is not factored in e.g. wlad would score higher than heavyweights in the past who are better and greater than him.......

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          this is a very good system imo ,

only problem is the strength of an era is not factored in e.g. wlad would score higher than heavyweights in the past who are better and greater than him.......
          Yep that's something no can argue, but that's for every sport. Some ppl say Lebron stats won't be as good if he played in jordans era, Floyd could have less Pts in my system because some ppl say he wont survive in SRL era. But the only way we would know which era is the best without just fantasizing about it is if we get a time machine and make all the fighters fight to see who's the best.
          All the Fighters from this era could only fight the best from whats out here now and hopefully get respect for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            Yep that's something no can argue, but that's for every sport. Some ppl say Lebron stats won't be as good if he played in jordans era, Floyd could have less Pts in my system because some ppl say he wont survive in SRL era. But the only way we would know which era is the best without just fantasizing about it is if we get a time machine and make all the fighters fight to see who's the best.
            All the Fighters from this era could only fight the best from whats out here now and hopefully get respect for it.
            eye test .

Comment

Working...
            X