Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the hardest jab in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we are talking p4p then i agree Ike Bazooka Quartey has to be among the VERY best! My man Miguel Cotto aint no joke with his neither, dropped a few guys with it....

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      Prime DLH's jab was no joke.
      It is critical to have a good jab when you are a one armed fighter.

Comment

Marvin Hagler.

Comment

sonny liston hands down

Comment

Liston/Foreman. I think Bruno & Tommy Morrison had very hard jabs too.

Comment

Joe Louis; when Liston began to come to prominence, it was said his jab was nearly on par with the Louis jab.

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
                Joe Louis; when Liston began to come to prominence, it was said his jab was nearly on par with the Louis jab.
                bolocks listons got a much harder jab. i can probably imagine they said the same about holmes before he fought ali

Comment

In terms of sheer weight of punch at heavyweight rather than pound for pound I think James Buster Douglas deserves a mention at least. I've seen him knock opponents down with it alone.

The best educated answers would be either Louis or Liston though. Both jabs were very powerful weapons.

Pound for pound? Ike Quartey's jab really didn't look like something I'd like to be hit with.........

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                    bolocks listons got a much harder jab. i can probably imagine they said the same about holmes before he fought ali
                    holmes jab was way different than listons,liston would knock you out with his

Comment

Shavers was the heaviest left I felt (pads) but from what everyone in boxing would say it was Big George! His hands were heavy so even if he threw jabs without stepping in or looking to land hard shots the jab still had a great effect!!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X