No announcement yet.

GSP vs Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP vs Silva

I'm not as into MMA as most of u, so I ask those that should know. How close is Silva vs GSP? Is Silva, being the taller longer man, with the natural size advantage simply going to blow GSP out. Or will GSP with his freak of nature physical ability be able to handle the size disadvantage and make it an interesting fight....

Or the third possibility, can GSP dominate Silva?

Also, will Silva's age, being 36 matter at all?

Let me know in the comments below....

I know how most people that like MMA feel about Silva and GSP. GSP is the humble guy that dominates most of his opponents, usually with ease, while Silva is a trash-talking clown that like making a fool of his opponents... Try not to let that affect ur judgement. Most MMA fans I talk to about it (all of whom r high school wrestlers that no doubt like GSP more becuz he's more of a wrestler than Silva) seem to let their personal opinion of either fighter get in the way
    Silva by KO: Too big, long, fast, and powerful
    100.00%
    Silva by submission: Too strong for GSP's wrestling
    0.00%
    GSP by KO: His athleticism will create opening and get Silva out of there
    0.00%
    GSP by Submission: He'll outwrestle Silva on the ground and work something in
    0.00%

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
    I'm not as into MMA as most of u, so I ask those that should know. How close is Silva vs GSP? Is Silva, being the taller longer man, with the natural size advantage simply going to blow GSP out. Or will GSP with his freak of nature physical ability be able to handle the size disadvantage and make it an interesting fight....

Or the third possibility, can GSP dominate Silva?

Also, will Silva's age, being 36 matter at all?

Let me know in the comments below....

I know how most people that like MMA feel about Silva and GSP. GSP is the humble guy that dominates most of his opponents, usually with ease, while Silva is a trash-talking clown that like making a fool of his opponents... Try not to let that affect ur judgement. Most MMA fans I talk to about it (all of whom r high school wrestlers that no doubt like GSP more becuz he's more of a wrestler than Silva) seem to let their personal opinion of either fighter get in the way
    Personally I think Anderson would take it. GSP's best shot would be to try and dominate him on the ground like Sonnen. I don't see that happening being that Silva is bigger and no slouch on the ground. I give the striking to Silva for sure.

Comment

I'm confident GSP would take a lopsided decision. But that would mean as his haters like to call it "playing it safe"

Takedowns, GnP and Control for a decision.

No time to lolligag in the stand-up. Within 10 seconds of the bell, Anderson needs to be on the ground. If GSP waits too long it's going to be difficult for him to get anything going.

Anderson is good on the ground but I find it hard to believe he catches GSP in anything. GSP has some of the best top control in MMA.

GSP's main focuses need to be disrupting Anderson's timing and keeping him on the ground when he gets him there. That means GSP needs to be first and he can't give up dominant position.
      Last edited by Jack3d; 05-28-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

lol, GSP has a snowball's chance in hell.

Silva by literally anything he wants. If he wants to submitt him, he will do the Sonnen strategy. If he wants to knock him out... look no further than what he did to the supposed "only fighter better at stand up than Silva" Vitor Belfort.

Comment

Anderson by easy KO. GSP just learned how to jab a few months ago...In all seriousness GSP's stand up isn't close to Anderson's plus size, power, and speed are all in Anderson's favor. Gapping, angles, and footwork again Anderson's advantage. Head movement, timing, and accuracy pro Silva. His form is simply superior.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            lol, GSP has a snowball's chance in hell.
            Silva by literally anything he wants. If he wants to submitt him, he will do the Sonnen strategy.
            LOL @ comparing GSP's BJJ to Sonnen's. And lol if you are another one of those ******s who thinks Anderson let Sonnen beat him up.

If he wants to knock him out... look no further than what he did to the supposed "only fighter better at stand up than Silva" Vitor Belfort.
            Maybe you thought Vitor was better standing, in that case you are a fool along with everyone else who believed that. Vitor was never that great of a striker in all honesty. He got dominated standing by Couture, got dropped by Tito. He's only managed to beat around guys like Marvin Eastman and Tank Abbott and Matt Lindland who still doesn't know how to punch after nearly a decade of MMA competition. Same guy who got knocked out by David Terrell.

Vitor was only billed as faster, whoever thought he was a better or equal striker to Anderson is an idiot. And if you think GSP is going to stand with Anderson for any length of time for Anderson to get anything going you are an idiot. Anderson can't defend a takedown for shyt.

Yes Jake had his moments with GSP, but GSP's intention in that fight was to stay off the ground. Not going to happen vs. Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
              I'm confident GSP would take a lopsided decision. But that would mean as his haters like to call it "playing it safe"

Takedowns, GnP and Control for a decision.

No time to lolligag in the stand-up. Within 10 seconds of the bell, Anderson needs to be on the ground. If GSP waits too long it's going to be difficult for him to get anything going.

Anderson is good on the ground but I find it hard to believe he catches GSP in anything. GSP has some of the best top control in MMA.

GSP's main focuses need to be disrupting Anderson's timing and keeping him on the ground when he gets him there. That means GSP needs to be first and he can't give up dominant position.
              LMAO at this guy. Tonight's events sucked but calling GSP LNP is being a "hater" hahahahaha. Especially when every fight on tonights card besides the 1st prelim & Grove-Tim was better then GSP's last 3 fights. Story-Alves was GSP vs BJ 2 except they had the exciting exchanging moments. I didn't mind the Alves fight, but that's 4 out of 5 of his last fights that were worse then every fight on this card but 2. hahaha

Rampage didn't finish Hamil but ***** at least he tries hahaha
              Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 05-29-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

LOL @ comparing GSP's BJJ to Sonnen's. And lol if you are another one of those ******s who thinks Anderson let Sonnen beat him up.
                Oh. You mean the same BJJ that couldn't tap out Dan Hardy in a full kimura? Yeah right.

Maybe you thought Vitor was better standing, in that case you are a fool along with everyone else who believed that. Vitor was never that great of a striker in all honesty. He got dominated standing by Couture, got dropped by Tito. He's only managed to beat around guys like Marvin Eastman and Tank Abbott and Matt Lindland who still doesn't know how to punch after nearly a decade of MMA competition. Same guy who got knocked out by David Terrell.

Vitor was only billed as faster, whoever thought he was a better or equal striker to Anderson is an idiot. And if you think GSP is going to stand with Anderson for any length of time for Anderson to get anything going you are an idiot. Anderson can't defend a takedown for shyt.

Yes Jake had his moments with GSP, but GSP's intention in that fight was to stay off the ground. Not going to happen vs. Anderson
                And, there was sarcasm in that post. I didn't believe it but UFC sure did promo the fight as it. And everyone who hates Anderson because he wins, was eating it all up as well.

GSP has no chance standing, so he will go to the ground. Even Dan Henderson tried that and he got tapped as well.

Anderson is unpredictable and is dominant in every shape and form. GSP may be better at wrestling but guess what.... wrestling doesn't finish guys. He will get tapped if they stay on the floor. GSP will be one dimensional in that match up and all Anderson has to do is Carlos Newton his ass.

Anderson wins period.
                Last edited by F l i c k e r; 05-29-2011, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
                  LMAO at this guy. Tonight's events sucked but calling GSP LNP is being a "hater" hahahahaha.
                  I said playing it safe. Obviously you can't read. No surprise there tho.

GSP doesn't LnP. You really don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Especially when every fight on tonights card besides the 1st prelim & Grove-Tim was better then GSP's last 3 fights.
                  Everyone likes different styles. Don't assume that everyone enjoys what you enjoy.

Story-Alves was GSP vs BJ 2 except they had the exciting exchanging moments.
                  Umm No.

Rampage didn't finish Hamil but ***** at least he tries hahaha
                  GSP also tries, however you have Rampages' BBC so far up your ass it's impossible for you to be objective. Hammil shot from 3 feet out, and was getting tagged left and right, Rampage didn't go after it. Rampage hardly tried.

GSP was fighting one of the best in the world, Rampage was fighting a deaf guy and a mediocre fighter who's best win is Tito Ortiz. Nuff Said

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Oh. You mean the same BJJ that couldn't tap out Dan Hardy in a full kimura? Yeah right.
                  It's better than Sonnen's.

And, there was sarcasm in that post. I didn't believe it but UFC sure did promo the fight as it. And everyone who hates Anderson because he wins, was eating it all up as well.
                  Yes you did. Just like you believed that Dan Henderson was the best wrestler in MMA. You are an idiot like that.

GSP has no chance standing, so he will go to the ground. Even Dan Henderson tried that and he got tapped as well.
                  Dan Henderson got tapped after being hurt by strikes. And read above.
                  Anderson is unpredictable and is dominant in every shape and form.
                  Is that why he got dropped by Sonnen twice and got molested for 4.5 rounds?

GSP may be better at wrestling but guess what.... wrestling doesn't finish guys. He will get tapped if they stay on the floor.
                  Based on what? Who has Anderson submitted that wasn't either completely incompetent in BJJ or weight drained?

GSP will be one dimensional in that match up and all Anderson has to do is Carlos Newton his ass.
                  The good ol' shoot for a knee when he goes for takedown. You're a clown and you know nothing about MMA. Just leave now
                  Last edited by Jack3d; 05-29-2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I said playing it safe. Obviously you can't read. No surprise there tho.

GSP doesn't LnP. You really don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Everyone likes different styles. Don't assume that everyone enjoys what you enjoy.

Umm No.

GSP also tries, however you have Rampages' BBC so far up your ass it's impossible for you to be objective. Hammil shot from 3 feet out, and was getting tagged left and right, Rampage didn't go after it. Rampage hardly tried.

GSP was fighting one of the best in the world, Rampage was fighting a deaf guy and a mediocre fighter who's best win is Tito Ortiz. Nuff Said

It's better than Sonnen's.

Yes you did. Just like you believed that Dan Henderson was the best wrestler in MMA. You are an idiot like that.

Dan Henderson got tapped after being hurt by strikes. And read above.

Is that why he got dropped by Sonnen twice and got molested for 4.5 rounds?

Based on what? Who has Anderson submitted that wasn't either completely incompetent in BJJ or weight drained?

The good ol' shoot for a knee when he goes for takedown. You're a clown and you know nothing about MMA. Just leave now
                    U seem very bias on the subject. Most of ur criticisms of Silva r responses to attacks on GSP as oppose to an actual prediction and analysis

Comment

Working...
                    X