Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What criteria must happen for Floyd to be dropped from #2 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
    What does Wlad & Roy have to do with this(sounds familiar)??No my 1st were response was to when U asked if Floyd & Martinez were the same weight,would Martinez win.The facts are that Floyd fought at 154 before.So they can fight at the same weight of 154 & if they did,yes Martinez would beat him.
    I explained the relevance of Wlad & Roy 2 posts ago. Roy (Like Floyd) had a fight at a weight where he is not most effective, Wlad ( Like Martinez) is a seasoned fighter at the weight where Roy won a title. Just because Wlad would beat Roy at Heavyweight does not mean he is better than Roy P4P ( Like Floyd and Mayweather).

Martinez could beat Martinez but the fact of the matter is 154lb isn't Mayweather most effective weight, if he could be as effective at 154lb as he is at 147lb he would shut Martinez out.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      If he is removed from the ranking completely or someone better than him comes along. Do you think fighters like Donaire and Martinez could beat Mayweather if they were the same weight? Most people would answer no so putting them ahead of him on the p4p list makes no sense.

It not a impressive recent win list or a popularity contest.
      I explained the relevance of Wlad & Roy 2 posts ago. Roy (Like Floyd) had a fight at a weight where he is not most effective, Wlad ( Like Martinez) is a seasoned fighter at the weight where Roy won a title. Just because Wlad would beat Roy at Heavyweight does not mean he is better than Roy P4P ( Like Floyd and Mayweather).

Martinez could beat Martinez but the fact of the matter is 154lb isn't Mayweather most effective weight, if he could be as effective at 154lb as he is at 147lb he would shut Martinez out.
      The bold is ur 1st statement correct.My response to U,was to that.Martinez & Floyd have both fought at the same weight.Both have been champ there,correct.So being that that is indeed true & factual,My opinion is that if they fought at the weight of 154,Martinez wins.Martinez's last 4 fights were against a higher caliber of fighter (at the weight they fought at) than was Floyd's.Meaning his wins against better fighters can make an argument of him being higher pfp.Especially with Floyd being inactive.

Comment

The bold is ur 1st statement correct.My response to U,was to that.Martinez & Floyd have both fought at the same weight.Both have been champ there,correct.So being that that is indeed true & factual,My opinion is that if they fought at the weight of 154,Martinez wins.Martinez's last 4 fights were against a higher caliber of fighter (at the weight they fought at) than was Floyd's.Meaning his wins against better fighters can make an argument of him being higher pfp.Especially with Floyd being inactive.
        This is beginning to annoy me. My first statement in the thread didn't express my opinion on the matter as well as my later post, that is why I went into greater detail highlighting that the mere fact that Floyd and Martinez fought at the same weight isn't enough to justify them being the same size ( a word a I should have used instead of weight).

At the end of the day, when Floyd fought at 154lb, he hit the scales at 150lb and came in at 148lb. Essentially weighting less than some Welterweights come in on fight night.

Comment

This is beginning to annoy me. My first statement in the thread didn't express my opinion on the matter as well as my later post, that is why I went into greater detail highlighting that the mere fact that Floyd and Martinez fought at the same weight isn't enough to justify them being the same size ( a word a I should have used instead of weight).

At the end of the day, when Floyd fought at 154lb, he hit the scales at 150lb and came in at 148lb. Essentially weighting less than some Welterweights come in on fight night.
          Bro,U can get annoyed all U want,My response & everything I have responded to was based on Ur original post.So if that's the case,we can forget everything that went on after.It's been a pleasure.

Comment

I think there is a push to drop him from p4p lists everywhere because people think that if he's off the list, it will somehow encourage him to come back and fight pacman.

Other people are just sick of seeing him.

if he becomes active again, he'll go back to #2 or #1 but they have to be innactive for 1-2years depending on the list. most lists i think its 9months to a year.

Comment

floyds on vacation so shouldnt be on the list, manny fights washed up fighters or tomato cans. The true p4p king right now is sergio martinez followed by nonito donaire.

Comment

Why are people even talking about Floyd vs Sergio? Have those talks even started... except for that one "radio station in Michigan".

Comment

What's that,Floyd & Martinez have both been champs at 154.I guarantee that if Floyd ever had the balls to fight Martinez,that fight would happen & Martinez would beat the brakes off of him period.
                  and just where are you basing this outcome from? from sergio's fights with pdub and pavlik? lmao, the only way sergio wins this fight is through size, and even then it's not like floyd hasn't fought guys bigger/heavier than him. this is a fighter who has risen through countless divisions and has always come up with mostly easy, well calculated landslide victories... something sergio hasn't done even now at the twilight of his career.

sergio is a damn good fighter but you're overrating him way too much. do you really think that the sole reason floyd hasn't fought him yet is because he thinks sergio would win? sergio has basically nothing to offer on the table bro... can't draw ****, virtually unknown to most viewers until just recently, not even his own country backs him up solidly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    floyds on vacation so shouldnt be on the list, manny fights washed up fighters or tomato cans. The true p4p king right now is sergio martinez followed by nonito donaire.
                    yes, 2 great wins his entire career and sergio is suddenly number 1 pound for pound. 3 great wins in a span of more than 3 years for nonito and he suddenly jumps to number 2...

Comment

Im sure someone already said this, but the rule often is a year of inactivity and they are off. I think its pretty obvious that he wont get a fight any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X