Lost hunger/motivation after injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost hunger/motivation after injury

Hey folks,

I discovered this sport about a year ago and have been in love with it ever sense, it has done wonders for my confidence, mental health and physical health.

I was training twice a day and loved every second of it and I was in phoneminal shape. I had my first fight in July and it went well, I trained hard throughout the summer then boom out of nowhere I snapped my ankle (grade 3 sprain) around the end of August, I was on crutches for weeks and now just able to run a little bit again.

I went back to boxing two weeks ago and I didn't feel as near as motivated or interested, also the fact i've lost a tremendous amount of cardio is really demotivating.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been through something similar and how did you get that spark back?

Take more time off and heal fully. Get to 100%.

Comment

Very easy to get like that. It happened to me after I had a bad pinched nerve that forced me to take 8 months off.

Sometimes you have to give yourself a kick in the ass and get in there.

Comment

are you fully healed? I've noticed that when I have a bad injury and i try to get back into training i don't enjoy it because mentally i'm thinking i don't want to hurt myself again.

Comment

i have a similar situation i think i tore my rotator cuff and didnt get it fixed. Now if I throw a rock or something there a sort of snap in my shoulder not bone more like soft tissue but it hurts really bad for about 5 seconds then goes away but =something is defintely wrong now im afraid to really put a hard straight right into the bag

Comment

Originally posted by RudyRude View Post
            Hey folks,

I discovered this sport about a year ago and have been in love with it ever sense, it has done wonders for my confidence, mental health and physical health.

I was training twice a day and loved every second of it and I was in phoneminal shape. I had my first fight in July and it went well, I trained hard throughout the summer then boom out of nowhere I snapped my ankle (grade 3 sprain) around the end of August, I was on crutches for weeks and now just able to run a little bit again.

I went back to boxing two weeks ago and I didn't feel as near as motivated or interested, also the fact i've lost a tremendous amount of cardio is really demotivating.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been through something similar and how did you get that spark back?
            So everything is supposed to be sunshine and rainbows? This is a test. Suck it up and train hard. Show everyone what you’re made of.

Comment

Working...
            X