Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are dummies thats why....

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      That should be 3 losses in a row for Gonzalez. He took a L against Cuadras in my opinion. HBO's endless hype convinced you that a guy with no defense and no power beyond 112 lbs was the best p4p in boxing and even more crazy....better than Floyd! Props to Sor Rungvisai
      Dude Floyd just went 10 rounds with a 0-0 amateur and lost 3 rounds in the process. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take Roman 10 rounds to stop an amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        Depends how you look at it and your agenda though. Would a guy who claims to be the best ever go life and death with Maidana and also possibly lose to Castillo?

For the record, i consider Floyd one of the very best of all time. I'm just saying you can spin things however you want.

Gonzalez was a very good fighter at his best. I never quite felt he was as special as some did though.
        Even if you argue that Floyd lost the first fights with Maidana and Castillo, he adjusted and dominated in the rematches. Gonzales is good, but couldn't make the necessary adjustments in this fight and therefore lost. He can only fight one way...going forward. He is a good fighter, but a pound for pound fighter would be able to make adjustments and do better in rematches.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Dude Floyd just went 10 rounds with a 0-0 amateur and lost 3 rounds in the process. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take Roman 10 rounds to stop an amateur.
          yet you fail to mention that's his retirement fight

Even still that's somehow worse than getting put to sleep in 4....ok

Comment

Roman would fuk floyd up pfp.

This is just idiots being idiots. Fighters lose/get knocked out. Duran would still murder floyd and so would hearns, despite both having been sparked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              He should have made The Thai fighter come down to 113 lol that's what Floyd would have done, right?
              From 154 to 152 is not the same as 115 to 113.

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
                Even if you argue that Floyd lost the first fights with Maidana and Castillo, he adjusted and dominated in the rematches. Gonzales is good, but couldn't make the necessary adjustments in this fight and therefore lost. He can only fight one way...going forward. He is a good fighter, but a pound for pound fighter would be able to make adjustments and do better in rematches.
                Indeed. As i said, i've never felt he was special and never put him on a level with Floyd, not even close. I said he would get KO'd tonight anyway. I'm not even that sure i'd be confident to pick against Floyd even if he come back at 40 to face the top WW's, such is his greatness in the ring.

Comment

Well people get carried away and mostly it's them wanting to pull Floyd down anyway.

He isn't as great as Floyd, nowhere near but Chocolatito has still been a hell of a fighter in his time. I said he would get KO'd tonight anyway, he just ran into a guy that's too big/strong for him at a time when he's probably faded too. It is what it is, i saw that coming.

It still doesn't undo how good Gonzalez was in the past though.
                  Good post. I really hate that everyone always has to bring Floyd into the discussion.

Props to Gonzalez, was a heck of the fighter but his best days are clearly over. Happens to all boxers eventually.

Comment

Indeed. As i said, i've never felt he was special and never put him on a level with Floyd, not even close. I said he would get KO'd tonight anyway. I'm not even that sure i'd be confident to pick against Floyd even if he come back at 40 to face the top WW's, such is his greatness in the ring.
                    How could you discount Floyd until you actually saw him lose and look old? I'm not a huge Mayweather fan but I don't care who it is from 154lbs and below you say he can win that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      From 154 to 152 is not the same as 115 to 113.
                      Not sure wtf that means but sure... Making someone come down 2 lbs under where they fight when they barely make the original weight is bad at either weight. Zombie Thai guy is worse than healthy strong Thai guy, No? Or is somehow 2 lbs equal to 15 lbs in your mind?

Comment

Working...
                      X