Too old at 31 to join boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never too late

Comment

The longer you put it off, then it may become to late! (Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect!)...

Comment

Don't train on your own for a few weeks, just look for a good, real boxing gym and show up.

Comment

I started at age 30. Of course you have to be realistic and accept the fact that you're not going to go anywhere with boxing, but be as competitive as you can with things like amateur fights and other unofficial competitions.

But in my opinion, don't assume you're too old. According to scientific research boxing is the most physically demanding sport and boxing training will improve your body and physique in many ways. Yes, maybe the body begins to deteriorate after around 30, but every body is different, and unless you really trained hard at something when you were in your 20's, the way I see it there's no reason why you can't be at the best physical condition you've ever been in your life!
          I've been taking a break due to an injury but writing this makes me want to get back in the gym!!

Comment

You're 31 dude not 76

Comment

I started in May this year at the age of 31 and very overweight. I did eight weeks training for a white collar event and dropped just shy of three stones in that time. I have since stayed on at the gym (One Nation Derby) and continue to train three times a week there (monday, wednesday and sundays). The weight is still coming off and I am signed up to box white collar again in March 2018.

After that I am aiming to get in such a shape that I can have a full amateur bout or two.

It has really helped me fitness wise and it also helps that my gym has a team of fantastic trainers!

Best of luck to you buddy, it is a fantastic sport!

Comment

In reality, there are guys who went pro at 30, 31 in boxing and MMA.

Comment

I started at age 55.

Comment

Well your only allowed to box for another 7years. (I think some people forget their is an age limit) so if your serious about it,you would want to crack on with it now instead of humming and hawing.
                    Get down to a gym,you might not have any real time spent on you,but if you keep showing up sooner or later they will have to take some kind of notice.

Comment

Originally posted by MacLec85 View Post
                      as title,

not wanting anything like fighting at a decent level, but to join training as I enjoy fighting. I done martail arts when I was young but always wanted to do boxing.

too late?
                      You are never, ever too old to do anything in life. I would tell you to go if you were sixty. The reason is because I have done research, and there's ancient wisdom out there from the Bhagavad Gita, an ancient book that pre-dates Christianity, that says, basically, you need to do what the F you want, otherwise your life, and the lives around you, will be not as good as they could be. But if you do what you want and what you love, then your work will be pure. If your work is pure and you love it, then you are always setting a good example, not even thinking about doing so, for up and comers. That said, Boxing is an absolute sport. Each punch changes each person, majorly or minutely. So, sparring isn't for everyone. But your body and mind will benefit greatly from rope skipping and shadowboxing immensely.

Comment

Working...
                      X