Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on merit, who deserves to be the highest paid boxer today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Is it true Salkas a Marine? If so he deserves the pay... lol
    I think he was in the Army National Guard or something. I do remember him mentioning he was in the military

Comment

Outright Quality - Gonzalez, Ward, Kovalev

Achievements - Pacquiao, Ward, Gonzalez

Entertaining the Masses - Golovkin, Gonzalez, Canelo

I think it's probably Roman Gonzalez. Consistently in good fights. Has great wins. And is one of the best in the game. He is a midget though so that plays into things too.

Comment

Well the best fighter in the sport deserves to be the highest paid. That's Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          I think he was in the Army National Guard or something. I do remember him mentioning he was in the military
          I think he was in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corp. I remember seeing the crest on his trunks.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Rod Salka.
            Nearly choked on my toast lolol

Comment

Merit? Are you fucking kidding me?

Boxers aren't 'paid.' They earn their paychecks by putting asses in seats. Their earnings are merit based.

Comment

I think the payday someone gets should reflect the matchup not just a case of being a marquee name .

Ive always believed the success of a promotion is ALL about the match up not the one fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Merit? Are you fucking kidding me?

Boxers aren't 'paid.' They earn their paychecks by putting asses in seats. Their earnings are merit based.
                  erislandy lara: 1 million dollars

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    I think he was in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corp. I remember seeing the crest on his trunks.

The toughest of the tough
                    Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                    Nearly choked on my toast lolol
                    He wooped Danny's ass so he deserves it

Comment

For me it's any fighter who is willing to put themselves and their reps on the line to test themselves against the best. Boxing would die without that spectacle. If you're not nervous for the dudes when watching a fight then something isn't right. And it's even better if they are able to deliver sweet science in the process.

Recently.. Andre Ward, Kell Brook, Roman Gonzalez, Anthony Crolla, Carl Frampton

Comment

Working...
                      X