Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where has the Sparring Footage of Triple G vs Canelo Gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has the Sparring Footage of Triple G vs Canelo Gone?

I swear I have seen the sparring footage myself years ago and triple G was pretty much picking Canelo apart. I know Canelo was young and still green but that has to somewhat weigh on a fighters mind getting outworked & popped liked that. Does anyone know what has happened to this footage and why it was taken down?

Probably taken down by Canelo's people. Not a good look for him and his fans, since it looks like hes ducking GGG.

Comment

There was never any sparring footage of Golovkin-Canelo it'd be all over youtube if there was.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ OxXx View Post
        I swear I have seen the sparring footage myself years ago and triple G was pretty much picking Canelo apart. I know Canelo was young and still green but that has to somewhat weigh on a fighters mind getting outworked & popped liked that. Does anyone know what has happened to this footage and why it was taken down?
        You're probably thinking about the Chavez Jr sparring footage. Canelo footage hasn't ever been shown as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          There was never any sparring footage of Golovkin-Canelo it'd be all over youtube if there was.
          He got confused with Golovkin vs Mosley

Comment

I don't think there was any. You probably read the account of the boxing juornalist who were present on that day. One or two of them gave a detailed round by round account of what happen on that day.

Comment

Lol, dude remembers the footage... that he never saw...
              Wishful thinking is a powerful thing.

Comment

There was no footage uploaded, but from the reports Golovkin was unsurprisingly having his way with him for most of the rounds.

Comment

There were photos but no video

Comment

Couldn't find video but found this...

http://www.boxingnewsresults.com/201...n-a-look-back/

By Dan Ambrose:

Over the years a lot has been said about the two sparring sessions that took place between Gennady Golovkin and a younger Saul “Canelo” Alvarez at Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez’s training facility in Big Bear, California. Out of politeness to Canelo, Sanchez doesn’t want to describe what took place during the sparring sessions, but Doug Fisher was there for one of the sessions and he’s already let the cat out of the bag so to speak in saying that Golovkin hurt Canelo during the one he saw, and that he wore him down with power shots and a fast pace.

By the 6th round, Canelo was blowing wind and clearly faded from the pressure that Golovkin was putting on him. The thing is Golovkin wasn’t giving it all during the sparring session because he was with a younger fighter.

“Of course I was. I think it was two times in the gym in 2011 or 2012,” Abel Sanchez said to thesweetscience.com. “Canelo was 21. Triple G is a nice guy and not abusive in sparring. He lets people work.”

When asked if he thinks that Canelo will agree to fight Golovkin after his fight against Miguel Cotto, Sanchez said “I hope it happens.”

The sparring sessions took place before Canelo had fought the likes of Austin Trout, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Erislandy Lara. According to Canelo’s promoter Oscar De La Hoya, his red rooster has improved dramatically in just two years since his loss to Mayweather. If that’s the case and not just De La Hoya blowing smoke up the media’s backsides, then Canelo might give Golovkin a little bit of a test if they fought each other now, but I doubt it. Golovkin had to take it easy on Canelo during their sparring sessions and he still dominated him. Canelo hasn’t improved enough in three to four years for him to be able to compete against Golovkin.

.................................................. ..

and this...

http://www.*************.com/threads...arring.453257/

Doug Fisher's Recollection of Canelo-GGG Sparring

"Here's what I recall from the six-round session I witnessed in Big Bear, Calif. (which I wrote about in a Gym Notes column): Alvarez was preparing for his first title defense against Ryan Rhodes and Golovkin, who I’d never seen in person, was getting ready for Kassim Ouma. Golovkin’s trainer, Abel Sanchez, wanted his middleweight to get some work with Canelo in order to experience the faster hands of a naturally smaller fighter. Golovkin was not supposed to give Canelo the “full treatment,” and it was clear from the sparring I saw that he was indeed holding back.

Still, Golovkin “holding back” was a lot for Canelo, only 20 at the time, to deal with. And the young man did well. I’d say he held his own, even though he couldn’t hurt Golvokin with his best shots. What Alvarez showed me in those 4-minute rounds at 6,000-plus-feet altitude was that the Mexican star was willing to put in very hard work in order to learn his craft and to get in proper condition for his fights.

I was not impressed by what I saw of Alvarez during his WBC 154-pound title winning effort against Matthew Hatton three month earlier. He seemed one-dimensional in his approach and his power appeared overrated. I wasn’t even sure if he would get past Rhodes, who was an experienced junior middleweight contender with solid skills. But watching Alvarez work his jab and exhibit good footwork while moving about the ring during his sparring session with Golovkin let me know that the kid was more versatile than most of us had seen in his fights up to that point of his career.

Golovkin hurt Alvarez a few times – a hook at the end of the second round visibly stunned him and some body shots made him wince – but the young man kept his head and found ways to compete even when he was clearly tired (a combination of the altitude and GGG’s pressure) in the last two rounds.

My guess is that Canelo carried a lot of confidence into his fight with Rhodes thanks to the excellent camp and those tough rounds of sparring with Golovkin. However, he shouldn’t think he’s got an edge over the likes of Mayweather just because he’s sparred a few times with a middleweight crusher. Top junior middleweights, such as Mayweather and Austin Trout will present defensive and finesse moves that will challenge the Mexican star in ways Golovkin’s stalk-and-pound style did not.

Still, having said that, I believe that Canelo is a legitimate 154-pound contender (which I know is not a very popular opinion among hardcore boxing fan circles). "

.................................................. ..............

So according to this...you can see why Canelo does not want to fight GGG.
                    Last edited by jaded; 09-15-2016, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X