No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Win-lose-draw, I won't be going anywhere. Should he lose, I will be here to take the stick I deserve.

When Rigondeaux puts on a clinic, I'll just laugh. I won't even rub it in, you'll soon realise why I hold him in such high regard and why I've felt for sometime he is the best boxer on the planet.

was that before or after he destroyed the greatest fighter of all time, rico ramos?

the venerable ramos just lost to a nobody on showbox, for the record. hardly got by an 8 round tune up, too.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Yeah, I've read that a few times from Cubans that supposedly saw them fight over on the island. You begin to wonder if it's just been said so many times that people start to believe it and it may never have even happened. lol

Man I would love to see some footage if it was to of happened.
      I can't find no video or their full AM records so who knows. Somebody should ask one of them.

Get Elie Sechback to do it

Comment

Who has Rigo fought, ****ing Rico Ramos. Vamanos!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          was that before or after he destroyed the greatest fighter of all time, rico ramos?

the venerable ramos just lost to a nobody on showbox, for the record. hardly got by an 8 round tune up, too.

Lmao! Come on man, you know Ramos don't belong at 126!

Strangely enough Esquivias just fought Romero who we were just on about and lost a U.D!

I'm not saying he is a great fighter but he ain't bad, he'd do well at 122 just not against Rigo, Donaire , Mares & maybe a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Lmao! Come on man, you know Ramos don't belong at 126!

Strangely enough Esquivias just fought Romero who we were just on about and lost a U.D!

I'm not saying he is a great fighter but he ain't bad, he'd do well at 122 just not against Rigo, Donaire , Mares & maybe a few others.
            lmao

That leaves...no one!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
              I see Romero now, says it was a walkover. He must of been scared
              Is that what it said? I think I missed that... Either way Romero is a guy to look for. Awesome boxer with great stamina.

A guy from my hometown gave Rigo a tough fight. Some people thought he beat Rigo but Rigo busted his ear or some ****.

Makes you wonder, what if Rigo defected in his early 20s?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by New England
                Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_cov

Win-lose-draw, I won't be going anywhere. Should he lose, I will be here to take the stick I deserve.

When Rigondeaux puts on a clinic, I'll just laugh. I won't even rub it in, you'll soon realise why I hold him in such high regard and why I've felt for sometime he is the best boxer on the planet.

Ummm Rigo took his soul dude... its obvious. Did you not watch their fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Who has Rigo fought, ****ing Rico Ramos. Vamanos!

Corboda, Ramos, Kennedy, Marroquinn, Casey (who got robbed not so long back) and soon to come Donaire.

Two of which were top 10 & former world champions. I maybe off on that, I am not sure Corboda ever was world champion though he certainly would of been if it wasn't for horrible hometown decisions going against him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Ummm Rigo took his soul dude... its obvious. Did you not watch their fight?

took his soul with some sh#t rounds, and one or two body shots?

here's what's actually going on here:

rico ramos sucks. he's one of the worst fighters to ever hold a world title and defend it on TV. he sucks now, and he sucked then. rigondeaux stopped him, and NSBers who don't know sh#t about boxing think that donaire, one of the top p4p, is ducking him on the merits of a win over rico f#cking ramos.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Is that what it said? I think I missed that... Either way Romero is a guy to look for. Awesome boxer with great stamina.

A guy from my hometown gave Rigo a tough fight. Some people thought he beat Rigo but Rigo busted his ear or some ****.

Makes you wonder, what if Rigo defected in his early 20s?
                      I've thought about that sort of thing many times. What if? Not just with Rigo, but with practically all these Cuban defectors. Such great talent, left to languish in the amateurs for years: wasting prime time, developing bad habits and ingraining a style that's not suitable for professional competition.

At 22, Rigo was already an amazing fighter. If that same kid was scooped up by a top pro trainer, he'd be phenomenal. As it is, many knowledgeable people are picking him to beat one of the top names in the sport. There comes a point where, if you don't step up, you get caught in a rut and your growth is stymied. I sincerely hope that isn't the case with Guillermo.

Comment

Working...
                      X