No announcement yet.

How far could Valero have gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far could Valero have gone?

He would have been fighting at 140 by now and i wouldn't pick any of the guy's there against him, i would have also fancied his chances up at 147 against the likes of Pac and Mayweather, Valero wasn't just a puncher like a lot of people make him out to be this guy had some serious skills.

To be honest man these threads about Valero usually end up in posters either seriously overrating him and underrating him so im gunna as a fan try and not be biased.Pac and Mayweather beat him full stop.At 130 he was a beast but at 135 he was already losing his power he could'nt probably stop Velazquez and although Demarco has a good chin he only seemed to hurt him a few times so i think moving up 5 more pounds would further diminish his power but he was a top notch offensive fighter excellent combinations,good foot movement,fast hands and although i said his power was not the same at 130 he still was a pretty good puncher but the cons breathing out through his mouth,leaving his hands awfully low and being way too much off a headhunter always looking for a spectacular KO.Very good fighter from i had seen with awesome potential

Comment

the guy had serious skills but he was NOT the puncher he was made out to be

it took him nine rounds to take out tony demarco

he hit him with his best shots and he didn't start to break down until the second half of the fight when the body shots caught up with him and he started to double over hin his corner

i do believe that he was a special boxing talent
      he saw everything very well for having so few rounds as a pro (less than 70 when he died if i recall)
      he could make guys miss and make them pay for it with either hand

i don't see him doing much of anything at 147 though. at least not for a while
      he had only just became a lightweight when he died, and the power never impressed me as much as it impressed everybody else

Comment

Hed beat anyone at 135 and 140. No possible way of knowing whether hed carry his power at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          the guy had serious skills but he was NOT the puncher he was made out to be

it took him nine rounds to take out tony demarco

he hit him with his best shots and he didn't start to break down until the second half of the fight when the body shots caught up with him and he started to double over hin his corner

i do believe that he was a special boxing talent
          he saw everything very well for having so few rounds as a pro (less than 70 when he died if i recall)
          he could make guys miss and make them pay for it with either hand

i don't see him doing much of anything at 147 though. at least not for a while
          he had only just became a lightweight when he died, and the power never impressed me as much as it impressed everybody else
          I think like you New England his power was oerrated by many but he still was a very good puncher.I think we are in the same boat that it was his skills that made him special.He supposedly destroyed panchito bojado in the ams which says alot for him

Comment

**** Valero

Comment

He was fighting at 135 pounds. Potentially, he'd be at 140 pounds by now at the most. In truth, I say he does well enough at 135 to move up to 140 and that's where he'd have lost. Yes, he had power. Yes, he's dead so people like to dream. But the fact of the matter is that he could get hit, his defense wasn't great. He also wasn't the fastest guy in the world and he wasn't well tested.

At 140 pounds, he'd be in there with the best as he'd need to be to be taken serious at that point. He'd be facing prime fighters in Maidana, Khan and Bradley. All of whom have power that Valero never tasted. Bradley isn't the hardest puncher, but he'd be the bigger guy and stronger guy.

He was exciting, but let's not get crazy because the guy is dead.

Comment

his record says it alone, check out his videos, he had potential to do great things. i'm not sure if he had the ability to climb up divisions, but where he was at, he could've been great.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
                  He was fighting at 135 pounds. Potentially, he'd be at 140 pounds by now at the most. In truth, I say he does well enough at 135 to move up to 140 and that's where he'd have lost. Yes, he had power. Yes, he's dead so people like to dream. But the fact of the matter is that he could get hit, his defense wasn't great. He also wasn't the fastest guy in the world and he wasn't well tested.

At 140 pounds, he'd be in there with the best as he'd need to be to be taken serious at that point. He'd be facing prime fighters in Maidana, Khan and Bradley. All of whom have power that Valero never tasted. Bradley isn't the hardest puncher, but he'd be the bigger guy and stronger guy.

He was exciting, but let's not get crazy because the guy is dead.
                  excuse me!!!! The guy had equal or more hand speed as Pacquiao, tha **** you on son??? An his footwork was execellent and he was very quick!!

Comment

He was P4P one of the top 3 heavy hitters in boxing and he wasn't even in his prime. And he had a great chin and warrior mentality. He wanted to get hit to hype him up so he could get that rush and unleashed it on his opponent.

Him vs Maidana is a 50/50 fight and a sure fire FOTY candidate. I think he beats Alexander and Bradley. The only fighter at 140 who beats him is Khan because he has the footwork and stamina to out point him but Valero could beat him like how Maidana almost beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X