No announcement yet.

"How I Would Have Clobbered Clay" By Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    [FONT="Tahoma"]Louis is also my fav and I wouldn't argue a win for either guy, as neither have fave any fighter as good as the other. I do find myself arguing frequently with those who think Louis wouldn't have a chance. Much lesser fighters than Joe were able to be competitive and even beat Ali at various stages of his career.[/FONT]
    And Vice Versa jab with fighters like Schmeling and Conn. ;-) This is one of our old debates. I don't think either one of us is going to budge on this one LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
      Frazier who was lighter than Ali did beat him , when both of them were pretty close to their primes.
      I'd pick prime Louis over 1971 Ali too.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        And Vice Versa jab with fighters like Schmeling and Conn. ;-) This is one of our old debates. I don't think either one of us is going to budge on this one LOL.
        Yeah, we could go back and forth for another ten years and we'd still end up where we started. My whole point though, no matter who we think would win for whatever reasons, is that neither has faced a fighter nearly as good as the other. This is a difficult fight no matter who you choose and anybody who can't see that is blinded by bias in one direction or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          He's a guy with a million dollars worth of confidence and a dime's worth of courage.
          This is great too. Sounds like Louis had the same delusions as Roberto Duran- "Anybody who doesn't fight toe to toe and slug it out is a sissy, blah, blah, blah". Get real, Joe. No coward gets in the ring twice with Sonny Liston.

Comment

I'd pick Ali to win it, but it was interesting to read. Real battle that would have been.

Comment

great article to read... cheers Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Ok you're done. Added to the troll roster.

Poet
                Added to the troll roster, oh I like that, best answer possible. After reading a brilliant article with an insight into the mind of a God like The Brown Bomber, somebody has the nerve to write such crap, didn't he understand the bit when Ali said ""WE'S" I just don't get some people. And remember Joe mentioned Poet., KUTGW Poet All-time great.

Comment

I'm taking Ali, but I'd be crazy not to think Louis could slow Ali down to the body and hit him with the left hook he was always susceptible to getting hit by.

Comment

There you have it, Joe doesn't lie guys.

No but really, I would have loved to have seen a prime Joe give Ali the humbling I always wanted him to see.

Comment

I always take what fighters say with a pitch of salt, especially something like this. Certainly Joe Louis didn't see Ali evolve and show his true intangibles until the 70s where people could see him getting tested fully. This article was before that.

Comment

Working...
                      X