Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Adonis Stevenson Pull A Chad Dawson Shock KO On Kovalev With The Left Hook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Adonis Stevenson Pull A Chad Dawson Shock KO On Kovalev With The Left Hook?

Kovalev obviously is an excellent fighter, very dangerous but he is susceptible to being caught with the left hook as Pascal demonstrated in both fights. That's the same punch Stevenson iced Dawson with in one round and basically Stevenson's best and most powerful punch.

What do you think the chances are of Stevenson landing that money punch on Kovalev in the same way and knocking him out?

Kovalev doesn't have a glass chin like Dawson

Comment

Khan vs Kovalev - who you got?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
        Khan vs Kovalev - who you got?
        If Kovalev makes 147, Khan stops him in 30 seconds.

Comment

Hell yea

And it wont be a shock.

Kovalev has been down against far lesser punchers, Stevenson lays his ass out cold.

Comment

He could potentially, that was part of the intrigue of the fight. However, the fight will not get made any time soon and Stevenson 39 years old this year.

Comment

Anything is possible in boxing. But I'd give Adonis a very small chance of surviving a fight with Kovalev. Sergei will know full well what to be watching for against Adonis. I think Stevenson gets beaten down and knocked out....maybe easier than Pascal was beaten down.

Comment

It's his only chance if we're being honest. Unfortunately for Stevenson...his chin seems more suspect than Kova's and Kovalev can actually set up his power and is much more skilled. Barring a one punch KO this doesn't seem like much of a match anymore.

Pascal has heart and a granite chin and that will likely work against him health wise as he was able to take too many shots. But even his body got broken down. Stevenson is MUCH more chinny. Adonis can't take it like Pascal.
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 01-31-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Kovalev is not just big puncher, but he's shown that he could be a pretty smart boxer as well. Anything can happen in boxing of course, but I think Kovalev will be smart enough to respect Stevenson's power and not taking any unnecessary chances. And he also has a very good chin, much better than Dawson who was just completely weight drained and beatdown bad by Ward.

Comment

Well it works both ways. Dawson has no power, so in that fight Adonis could afford to take risk. Kovalev can KO him as well so I would expect a more cautious Adonis.

Comment

Working...
                    X