X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    Lennon, Walcott, Defoe, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney

Strike Force.
    Individuals don't make a team. That has been England's problem for about 30 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      Individuals don't make a team. That has been England's problem for about 30 years.
      Well hasn't Theo Walcott been ripping it up in International play?

Plus Aaron Lennon is a hell of a winger.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Lennon has been injured for a lot of the season though, needs to regain his form and only has 2 matches left to do so. Walcott is more of a speedy super sub type imo i wouldn't start him over people like Milner or Young who have both had a great season.

Also, if Heskey goes to the World Cup then there is no hope. I still don't see why Capello starts him, he shouldn't even be in the team.
        Crouch seems to have lost his way recently too, but he always manages to score for England somehow.

I think one of the main problems is that a lot of these players in the England team don't play in Europe and are fairly unproven on a World level. It's hard to judge who will perform and who won't because it won't be like playing in the Premier League and it will be a completely new experience for a lot of players.

Comment

• not sure if its been posted yet, but heres the PFA team of the year (English Premier League)

Joe Hart (Man City, Birmingham on loan)
          Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea)
          Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal)
          Richard Dunne (Aston Villa)
          Patrice Evra (Man Utd)
          Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
          James Milner (Aston Villa) PFA YOUNG PLAYER OTY
          Darren Fletcher (Man Utd)
          Antonio Valencia (Man Utd)
          Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) PFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR
          Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

Good to see Fletcher get some credit, couldnt imagine him in the team of the year a few years ago.
          Where is the Ashley Cole nuthugger?? lol Not even the best left back in his league.

Comment

• Valencia?

Why's he there?

Comment

• btw if any England fans are thinking about buying a new TV, Toshiba are gonna give u your money back if u buy a tv between now and the start of the world cup if england win it.

I think Toshiba are pretty safe with that deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                Lennon has been injured for a lot of the season though, needs to regain his form and only has 2 matches left to do so. Walcott is more of a speedy super sub type imo i wouldn't start him over people like Milner or Young who have both had a great season.

Also, if Heskey goes to the World Cup then there is no hope. I still don't see why Capello starts him, he shouldn't even be in the team.
                Crouch seems to have lost his way recently too, but he always manages to score for England somehow.

I think one of the main problems is that a lot of these players in the England team don't play in Europe and are fairly unproven on a World level. It's hard to judge who will perform and who won't because it won't be like playing in the Premier League and it will be a completely new experience for a lot of players.
                Heskey has proved himself time and time again, with the form rooney is in, having some1 like heskey to feed off is a dream.....

Comment

• Heskey's delivery is wank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Šemise View Post
                    Heskey's delivery is wank.

Surely not just his delivery?

Comment

• Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                      What about the youngsters? The guys recently out of U-21?

You think they can make an impact?

And why does Capello routinely start Emil Heskey as a forward?
                      Most of our best youngsters have already been drafted into the first team, Wilshere and Mancienne are two of the players who could make the step up eventually imo, that will probably in a 3 years time or something though.

Because when you give the ball away as much as England its good to have a big man up there who can make the ball stick upfront, cause defenders problems with his presence to leave space for others, like onrushing midfielders etc.

Heskey will be a good weapon against teams that sit deep where the midfielders can play off him, Defoe would will be a good when we are playing counter attacking football where by he can latch onto long through balls and exploit them with his pace, neither are particularly great strikers though imo, although Defoe looks very good when he can bothered.

Comment

Working...
                      X