Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who say Tyson never faced a real challenger during his prime how about Tucker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -forgotten in this flea bitten futuro world is back in the day Tyson was credited for out jabbing Tucker.

Tyson was fundamentally sound until he lost his HOF team, but no matter , he set some records ain't never gonna be broke.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -forgotten in this flea bitten futuro world is back in the day Tyson was credited for out jabbing Tucker.

Tyson was fundamentally sound until he lost his HOF team, but no matter , he set some records ain't never gonna be broke.

Not hard to have your way with a guy who's only there to survive.

His team took his talent with them ? The stars/bums lined up perfectly for him. The timing was impeccable.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Not hard to have your way with a guy who's only there to survive.

His team took his talent with them ? The stars/bums lined up perfectly for him. The timing was impeccable.
        - -Precious few survivors in Tyson's full pomp.

Tony did better than the others to strategically take him to late rds where he might be more vulnerable, but alas, he found no weakness much like you can't.

If you can't understand how a fighter literally losing his family, a trio of HOFers who raised him to magnificent maturity, and then suddenly placed on strong experimental psych sedatives notorious for terrible side effects would greatly compromise your ability to train and fight, there's less hope for you than Tyson in those dark days.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Precious few survivors in Tyson's full pomp.

Tony did better than the others to strategically take him to late rds where he might be more vulnerable, but alas, he found no weakness much like you can't.

If you can't understand how a fighter literally losing his family, a trio of HOFers who raised him to magnificent maturity, and then suddenly placed on strong experimental psych sedatives notorious for terrible side effects would greatly compromise your ability to train and fight, there's less hope for you than Tyson in those dark days.
          Survival mode...Hug, grab, run. Throw punches without any intentions of them landing. Yeah, I can see a guy going the distance and people saying it was ''strategic''.

By the time they left him, he was already set in his ways. He put the beast in Tyson. His team just made him channel it where as he wasn't breaking the law. Tyson has more excuses than any other HOFer i know.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Tyson never had much of a jab! Curtis Curtis Curtis You ever hear anyone talk about Dempsey's jab? Mike took his cues from Dempsey and with Dempsey you punched to move the earth forward.

Can I give you a homework assignment? Its just the teacher in me not trying to be patronizing I swear... Ok look at the fight where Holly beat Bowe. You will notice that for that fight Holly listened to his corner and used his mobility and did not slug it out with Bowe except at key points. One reason Holly was such a great fighter, and I put him on a short list, was because he was coachable. When the 5h1t really hit the fan he would either: go ham and punch, or listen to his corner and do as instructed. Now in this Bowe fight watch how he is doing what he is told.

Comes time to fight Iron Mike and Holly like every other mammal is scared...not intimidated but weary about what a Tyson punch can do to him... So he listens to his corner and Don Edwards had figured out how to beat Tyson. Holly listened.

Mike's jab was not the issue, Mike could not get set and could not push Holly back to catch him. Ill tell you why it worked: We make assumptions. If we cannot make Mike Tyson fold in an attack with our punches it does not mean that we cannot push him around...Mike was a little on the small side that way. Neuton's second law of thermodynamics...A force needs an equal force to neutralize... For Mike to have those monster punches he needs the ground to brace him. When Holly clinched with Mike he was told to push Mike back, on his heels, making it so when they were close Mike had no power.

Most guys tried to avoid Mike when he was coming,.. Holly goes right into him and takes his base away from him, buzzsaws him!

Check it out watch the fights and you will see that Evander listens when he is uncertain and this allowed him to employ tactics in both these fights. Mike Tyson is subject to the same conditions as we all are..without a footing it does not matter what punch he throws, it will not have any force behind it.
            Don Edwards? Don't you mean Don Turner?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Watch those fights and watch how Holly operates. the reason it is telling is because it shows that the Holly who beat Tyson did it a very specific way...Actually I credit Holly's Trainer for the fight Don Turner, I called him Don Edwards! (palm slap).

Curtis let me tell you something: when I was coming up people would occasionally tape on 8 tracks, it was a big deal. Now there is so much tape around! In my day there were sports shows so...I we might be having this dialogue as a phone conversation and I would say "Curtis, 'the way we were' is having the Louis Conn fight, check it out!" But now!!! Youtube you can watch any fight you want!!

Take advantage of it. Its a great tool to verify conclusions. You will see that Holyfield beat Tyson a very specific way.
              Ah okay, you corrected yourself. I remember years later on Real Sports him being one of the people saying Holy needed to retire.

Comment

If Tucker was half as powerful as his nickname suggested he would have reigned for a decade.

"TNT Tucker" ... should have been prosecuted for misrepresentation!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Don Edwards? Don't you mean Don Turner?
                  Yup corrected the next post! lol. Its still a pretty silly error. My mind is slipping!!
                  Last edited by billeau2; 02-24-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Ah okay, you corrected yourself. I remember years later on Real Sports him being one of the people saying Holy needed to retire.
                    Brilliant Boxing mind...Thought Marciano was the best ever, or damn near.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                      If Tucker was half as powerful as his nickname suggested he would have reigned for a decade.

"TNT Tucker" ... should have been prosecuted for misrepresentation!
                      Its great to see you posting again Mugs!! Tucker actually did want to change his nickname to M80 but it didn't sound so good...

Comment

Working...
                      X