No announcement yet.

Do you avoid stuff from China?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you avoid stuff from China?

Some people avoid food or clothing or anything from China. Due to toxic air, water, etc.

Others are wary of companies not following their warranty on manufactured products. Even "certified organic food" is an issue as China has its own certifying company.

Here is a recent article about the US FDA finding toxins or carcinogens in blood pressure drugs from China and India.
    http://minnesota.nris.com/news/Blood...re-found-85290

I try not to get food or clothing from there due to trying to avoid toxins.

So do you avoid?

My girlfriend is from China...

Whenever anything breaks down, I tell her that it was probably made in China, then she slugged me in the shoulder...

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post

Whenever anything breaks down, I tell her that it was probably made in China, then she slugged me in the shoulder...
      What about her?
      She was made in China. Is she holding up?

Comment

i wouldnt buy any "meds" or anything of that nature from china... everything else, fvvvck yeah! almost everything is made in china. the product is not cheap, US wants it cheap so they can profit from it so china makes it like that. you want higher quality, pay more and china will produce quality. they only make what they are being told.

Comment

I remember when Walmart became huge in USA. They advertised "only made in USA." Now they sell almost nothing made in USA, much from China.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
            What about her?
            She was made in China. Is she holding up?
            She was made in China, but is holding up very well...
            However, she has little imagination, apparently thinking outside of the box is discouraged in China...

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post

Comment

I try to avoid Made in China stuff, but it is very challenging.

I did bought some flags made there last time I was on eBay

Comment

I buy as little as I can from China.

Comment

just food stuff.. i sometimes buy at asian grocery store and try to avoid food made in china.. like chocolates, can foods, salted duck egg, etc..

Comment

Working...
                    X