Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get an "All Things Android" Thread Going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V.WEBB
    Gonna have to check out that invisishield..thanks for posting Ruiz.
    anytime man! good to see this thread already bearing fruit lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by HayastanciCule View Post
      HTC has a new phone rumored.

It has a 5" 1080p screen (480ppi)
      1.5GB RAM
      Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 processor

I'm not a big HTC fan but damn those are some nice specs!
      Hopefully they de-bloat Sense and work out more timely updates. If so, ill consider an HTC for my next device

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/09/15...80ppi-display/

I've got a Galaxy Nexus currently.
      I've been crack-flashing again these past few days. Currently on Jelly Belly while I wait for the next Liquid build or next AXI0M ROM.
      wow, great find bro! verizon wireless customers should be in for a treat, 5' display sounds great. HTC usually has good build quality.

the Galaxy Nexus is quite the device man, if I were to ever go over to T-Mobile (for their $30 monthly 4G plan) I would most definitely get a Nexus. Love that phone! speaking of which, I can't wait to see the new Nexus line up for this year, if rumors hold true - we should see an array of nexus devices from all the major manufacturers, i.e., LG Nexus, Moto Nexus, Galaxy Nexus (Samsung made), HTC Nexus. I think that would be AMAZING. Want a vanilla android experience? choose your hardware.

awesome, awesome, awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
        Riz, tough guys carry white colored phones.

Just sayin.

man, I don't know. I'm so torn, I might as well ask them to pick the color for me.

Overall, I like white phones. White iPhones might look a bit girly, the white S3 looks nice and clean.I really really like the aluminum brushed look on the pebble blue S3 though.

ahhhhhh someone choose for me

Comment

Might well get an Android phone in the near future. I've had an iphone 4 for a about 2 years now and although I enjoyed using it I ready to move onto something else. A couple of things that are holding me back though is that as I'm a mac user and am not sure how easy it would be transferring music over from itunes. Anyone know if it's going to be an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
            I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can discuss anything pertaining to our Androids. Whether it be reviews, tips, app recommendations, future phone discussions, etc.

I've recently mentioned that I'm due for an upgrade in a few weeks and was going to wait out for the Galaxy Note 2.......I think I'm going to pass. I was in BestBuy playing around with AT&T's current 1st Generation Note, as impressive as a device the 2nd gen is going to be...I don't think I can do with a phone that large. Maybe if I was ballin' and could rock multiple phones, I'd definitely have that in my stable - not sure about a daily driver. I know the Note 2's screen is increasing to 5.5in vs 5.3 but from what I've read, it's about the same size as the current note but it has less bezel to accommodate the larger display.

Anyway, I was playing around again with the S3's and the size is just about perfect IMO. Big nice display but very workable with one hand. Only problem now is deciding between the Marble White or Pebble Blue. I like the Blue's brushed aluminum finish. I would rock the S3 with a full body invisishield (which protects against scratches, dings and it would negate its "slipperiness"), I'd have a big case like an Otterbox Defender for when I feel I need more protection (i.e., my kids to use it to play apps, etc.)

On a funny side note, I walked over to the iPhone section right after I played with the S3 and wow, I honestly don't think I could ever go back to an iPhone. Sure, the build quality is superb but man, the size and the operating system are such a turn off. I can understand some people who aren't tech savvy can appreciate the simple and basic approach but it's just not for me, at all.
            The S3 sounds perfect for u. The Note2 is basically a huge s3 with S pen

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
              Might well get an Android phone in the near future. I've had an iphone 4 for a about 2 years now and although I enjoyed using it I ready to move onto something else. A couple of things that are holding me back though is that as I'm a mac user and am not sure how easy it would be transferring music over from itunes. Anyone know if it's going to be an issue?
              Its easy as pie. You just

plug your Android into yor Mac via USB

Open folder when it pops up as file

open itunes

Drag itunes songs into Android folder

And bam its on your phone. Its that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
                Wow that back cover is badass!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                  Its easy as pie. You just

plug your Android into yor Mac via USB

Open folder when it pops up as file

open itunes

Drag itunes songs into Android folder

And bam its on your phone. Its that simple.
                  Nice one. Think I may get myself an S3 then...............

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                    Nice one. Think I may get myself an S3 then...............
                    I have the iphone 4S and i gonna go with either the galaxy s3 or the Note 2.

The iphone 5 would be like me buying a taller 4S and its not worth it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                      I have the iphone 4S and i gonna go with either the galaxy s3 or the Note 2.

The iphone 5 would be like me buying a taller 4S and its not worth it for me.
                      good stuff man, keep us updated

i like the amount of accessories for the S3 that are out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X