Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get an "All Things Android" Thread Going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get an "All Things Android" Thread Going?

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can discuss anything pertaining to our Androids. Whether it be reviews, tips, app recommendations, future phone discussions, etc.

I've recently mentioned that I'm due for an upgrade in a few weeks and was going to wait out for the Galaxy Note 2.......I think I'm going to pass. I was in BestBuy playing around with AT&T's current 1st Generation Note, as impressive as a device the 2nd gen is going to be...I don't think I can do with a phone that large. Maybe if I was ballin' and could rock multiple phones, I'd definitely have that in my stable - not sure about a daily driver. I know the Note 2's screen is increasing to 5.5in vs 5.3 but from what I've read, it's about the same size as the current note but it has less bezel to accommodate the larger display.

Anyway, I was playing around again with the S3's and the size is just about perfect IMO. Big nice display but very workable with one hand. Only problem now is deciding between the Marble White or Pebble Blue. I like the Blue's brushed aluminum finish. I would rock the S3 with a full body invisishield (which protects against scratches, dings and it would negate its "slipperiness"), I'd have a big case like an Otterbox Defender for when I feel I need more protection (i.e., my kids to use it to play apps, etc.)

On a funny side note, I walked over to the iPhone section right after I played with the S3 and wow, I honestly don't think I could ever go back to an iPhone. Sure, the build quality is superb but man, the size and the operating system are such a turn off. I can understand some people who aren't tech savvy can appreciate the simple and basic approach but it's just not for me, at all.

I currently have en EVO 3D, rooted and hooked up with "MeanRom ICS" (shout out to the devs over at XDA forums, big ups to them, they do some amazing work)

1.2ghz dual core, 1GB of RAM, qHD display.

My only gripe is the speakers aren't that loud but I can live with it. The phone is awesome all around. Not a big fan of the 3D but my 5yr likes lookin at 3D pics. Build quality is excellent, it has a nice heft and great feel all around.

Comment

Comment

I recommend you guys check out Nova Launcher from GooglePlay. It gives your phone that pure, vanilla ICS/JellyBean look. It basically mimicks the Galaxy Nexus, looks just like it. From the folders, to animations, etc. You can even tweak the speed, whether you want to focus more on animation transition or raw speed. This thing is great!!!!!!

My EVO 3D ROM is still a sense based ROM, I like going back and forth between HTC Sense and this Nova Launcher. It's like switching phones, different look, different feel. I love this liberty.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The other 10,975 android threads not good enough for you?

Comment

No. And just for that, your ban from New York has been renewed. Stay out.

Comment

HTC has a new phone rumored.

It has a 5" 1080p screen (480ppi)
                  1.5GB RAM
                  Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 processor

I'm not a big HTC fan but damn those are some nice specs!
                  Hopefully they de-bloat Sense and work out more timely updates. If so, ill consider an HTC for my next device

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/09/15...80ppi-display/

I've got a Galaxy Nexus currently.
                  I've been crack-flashing again these past few days. Currently on Jelly Belly while I wait for the next Liquid build or next AXI0M ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
                    The other 10,975 android threads not good enough for you?
                    we need unison, a master thread is a good thing for us. please come back when you upgrade to android

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X