Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea 2012 was destiny. It was fated.

Becase that core group of men deserved that. They were incredibly great players and right after that win. Every. Single. One. Fell off a cliff in terms of ability. Still had their flashes of greatness but clearly they were the Bernard Hopkins/ Roy Jones of football.

.....Higuain is official now. Bed is made. Sarri must sleep in it.

Comment

• Higuain debuts against Sheffield Wednesday. And not the game that matters.

I dunno.

It’s all about the Europa for Chelsea.

Even then we might have sack Sarri to win it.

Stuck between wanting Sarri to have time and then seeing he’s not very good.

Good managers don’t make the same substitution 17 times. Or persist in a system that has seen a group of expensive, experienced, internationals score 13 goals in 13 games drawing several blanks along the way.

The upshot being he picks the same team and expects better results.

I dunno if you really want to back a guy like Sarri.

But it’s a self fulfilling prophecy. We’ve sacked about 8 better managers than Sarri, ffs.

To Sarri’s credit he is going out on his shield. Sticking to his philosophy.

The only way I can see it working is if Higuain is a ball magnet or if the whole league just gets tired and we don’t. Because I can’t see how Chelsea players could become tired after a match.

They don’t do anything
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-23-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Sarri is basically Andre Villas Boas but with a squad full of Betas. Whereas Villas Boas adopted a side full of Alpha Males, all trophy laden and all captains or vice captains of some capacity for their nations.

Cant imagine Sarri if he receieved Raul Meireles and Benayoun instead of Jorginho and Higuain

Sarri's test will be at severely depleted Spurs. If he cant win that... i'm writing him off myself at that poin.

Edit- because seriously, all great idealist managers at least changed to suit the Prem while retaining their philosophy. Klopp switched the 4231... even Pep has played more direct rather than knocking it about. Poch has changed about 3-4 times at Spurs alone. Sarri... same 433... same players playing the 433... same tactics each game. Nothing changes, could be a bit Brenda rather than Cruyff revolutionary.
        Last edited by F l i c k e r; 01-23-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Wilfried Zaha to Dortmund?

Comment

• Zaha needed to go to Chelsea

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Wilfried Zaha to Dortmund?
              Crazy that United couldnt make Zaha into a top class player. Also crazy that England let him slip through their fingers.

All the talent is there in spades. Just needed a little moulding.

Hope he does get a big time move and hope he becomes a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Zaha needed to go to Chelsea
                please don't take Wilf you German pricks!

Comment

• Chelsea team tonight

————--Kepa————-

Azpi—-Rudi—-Luiz—-Alonso

————-Jorginho————

Kante———————Kova—

Willian—-Hazard——Pedro

F.ucking yawn.

I wish we had Spurs injury crisis. Everyone’s bored of that set up

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    please don't take Wilf you German pricks!
                    You’ll still have Andros.

I still maintain Andros Townsend is a poor man’s Arjen Robben.

It won’t surprise me if 1 season he just randomly scores about 15 league goals.

He blows so hot and cold but he is very direct

Comment

• Also on Andros Townsend.

He should start for England and there was no reason why he shouldn’t.

Blows my mind that managers still don’t see the difference between top level footy and international footy.

International football is crap.

Raheem Sterling goes from high level touch play at City to not knowing what to do with players he’s not used too.

Andros Townsend is basic. He’ll do the same **** for England as he would for the dog and duck.

In attacking positions at international footy you just want someone selfish

Comment

Working...
                      X