Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder was fighting Breazeale next any way, so why the rush to sign?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    The rush to sign would be to get him on Dazn platform should he lose to Breazeale it still keeps the Joshua fight alive and he makes more then 500,000 K after that a fight on the Dazn platform . I really don't think he gets by Breazeale so all this is going to backfire anyway , don't tell me it can't happen , I'm a boxing expert and Wilders taking an L in May .
    Bold prediction but I like it! In that case yes, would be a HUGE failure on the part of Wilder and his team and he would lose out on a 40M pay day. Supposedly, Wilder was guaranteed the Joshua showdown even if he lost to Breazeale.

Comment

He was fighting him anyway but not for $20 million

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Bold prediction but I like it! In that case yes, would be a HUGE failure on the part of Wilder and his team and he would lose out on a 40M pay day. Supposedly, Wilder was guaranteed the Joshua showdown even if he lost to Breazeale.
        Wilder signing with Dazn ensured the fight , it's why when threads like this are made , do people really want to see this fight ? It's like they make excuses non stop. I think Breazeale is all wrong for Wilder , it's a fight Breazeales more then capable of Winning at least in a first meeting.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lopez_Boxing;19601872]But wouldn't wilder had been guaranteed this is boxing

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
            He was fighting him anyway but not for $20 million
            Pssh that would be dumb. You have to pay more taxes on 20 million then you do on 5, duh

Comment

To me, it sounds like Wilder didn't want to be restricted to a single platform and he enjoys the ability to be a free agent of sorts. Was the DAZN deal strictly for their platform only?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                To me, it sounds like Wilder didn't want to be restricted to a single platform and he enjoys the ability to be a free agent of sorts. Was the DAZN deal strictly for their platform only?
                Seems like the 3 fights would've been exclusively on their platform. Regardless, all this talk about the value in being a free agent means little until he actually fights on a non-PBC network.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                  He is restricted to Showtime now though . How is this not being restricted ? Ha He was going to be attached to one of the platforms ESPN,DAZN or Showtime. He chose the less paying one with also no Joshua fight.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    Wilder signing with Dazn ensured the fight , it's why when threads like this are made , do people really want to see this fight ? It's like they make excuses non stop. I think Breazeale is all wrong for Wilder , it's a fight Breazeales more then capable of Winning at least in a first meeting.
                    He only has to win once, there is no rematch clause.

Comment

Working...
                    X