Giving up smoking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    I can feel ya bro.
    I'm 40 now and it's strange cause asoon as I turned 40 it felt like my body changed. Before things that couldn't touch me all of a sudden feel like I'm not so immune to that ish.
    Yep same shït but started happening when I was hitting 29-30, freaked me out. The first time I quit smoking I stopped hanging around the regular smoking guys during break time at work, they got pissed that I was acting like a püssy but I knew what I was doing and a couple of months later when I felt I have a lil control of the urge I started hanging around with them again and even when we went out drinking they'd smoke and say that I am holding up good. It's all mental bro, here is no physical urge to smoke all up in the head. Hope you quit the habit for good bud.

Comment

last time I smoked when I was 17. 10 years without a Cigarette and E-Cigarette.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        I quit 11 years ago. When I decided to quit, I came up with the idea of actually scheduling cigarettes throughout the day. Like one in the morning, after each meal, one after work, before bed, etc.

Then I would cut one cigarette out of my day for a week, then one more the following week, etc.

Eventually I was down to one cigarette a day. And then I was down to zero. I had very little withdrawals afterwards.

My way of thinking is that when you smoke on a schedule, then you train your brain to not smoke on impulse or when you're stressed. And I gradually cut down because it's easier to quit smoking when you only have one cigarette a day, compared to 10 for instance.

I tried quitting cold turkey once and got really bad withdrawals, sht didn't work for me. And most people I know who tried that method aren't successful until the third or fourth attempt. Cold turkey usually only works well for people who don't smoke a lot.
        I say this method is much better. Cold turkey doesn't have a high success rate. To quit anything, it's much better to do it gradually.

As for the OP and vaping to help quit. You should head on over to the e-cig forums, instead of taking advice here. Many of those on the forums smoked for decades and quit smoking due to vaping. Vaping got me to completely quit. Even with vaping, you have to start with the right dosage, then gradually go down from there, and eventually you'll quit vaping, or if you still like the nicotine but without the harmful effects of smoking, you can still vape. I'd say go over there and ask for real advice, instead of here.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I'm trying to give up this filthy habit.
          I bought a vape has people here used them successfully to give up or is it another gimmick?
          you will quit smoking but now you'll be hoked on vaping.

Comment

I quit twice this year once in January (yes yes, it was part of my new years resolution lol...) then started up again like 2 months later, then I quit again in June and only lasted like a month and a half.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X