Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Legitimate was the first Jones-Barrera Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Legitimate was the first Jones-Barrera Fight?

Ya know, I was looking at it again and I mean, I thought the cut over Barrera's eye was caused from punching but it was from a head butt.

With blood in his eyes, Barrera took a Jones right hand he shouldn't have. No doubt about that.

However, the disqualification?

The bell for the round had already rung before they even jumped into the ring. What is the deal with that? Why was Barrera even disqualified?

Duva conspiracy? Let's face it. Jones was mainly "poison" to himself. I can't believe this.

[IMG][/IMG]

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Ya know, I was looking at it again and I mean, I thought the cut over Barrera's eye was caused from punching but it was from a head butt.

With blood in his eyes, Barrera took a Jones right hand he shouldn't have. No doubt about that.

However, the disqualification?

The bell for the round had already rung before they even jumped into the ring. What is the deal with that? Why was Barrera even disqualified?

Duva conspiracy? Let's face it. Jones was mainly "poison" to himself. I can't believe this.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Barrera's corner jumped in to stop the fight, not entirely clear if they came in before the bell soudned or not. There is certainly no sort of conspiracy, just a quality fighter being put into a terrible state by another quality fighter.

Comment

They jumped in before the bell.. They clearly were already at barrera when bell rings, waving their hands..

Barrera was eating some shots from jones prior to headbutt, plus he had a rematch and still couldn't get the job done.

Comment

Yep. I thought maybe in the rematch Barrera could get him, but I guess Jones had his number.

Comment

The second fight was very close, I personally thought Barrera just edged it.

Comment

Junior Jones battered him pretty good. It was after these fights that Barrera began to change his style to more of a boxer and less of a brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
              The second fight was very close, I personally thought Barrera just edged it.
              I did, too. Jones clearly hurt him and gave him a lot of trouble, but I thought Barrera beat him slightly the second time. Still a close fight, but I had Barrera ahead by a point.

Comment

Working...
              X