No announcement yet.

Who can beat Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can beat Canelo?

Who can beat Canelo, from 154 lbs to 160lbs?

At 160lbs, Canelo would get destroyed by Golovkin, Jacobs and Saunders. He would not get knocked out by Saunders, though, just outboxed and win a gift decision.
    At 154lbs, Canelo would win gift decisions against Lara, Trout and both Charlos, but get outboxed for most of the fight.

Ggg, Jacobs, and j-rock would be locks IMO

Andrade, lemuiex, sanders and Eubanks would all be 50/50

Comment

You guys are out of your mind.

Canelo beats everyone except GGG, Jacobs is like 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by ,GGG View Post
        You guys are out of your mind.

Canelo beats everyone except GGG, Jacobs is like 50/50
        Lol, do you seriously believe he could beat Saunders, who has beaten both Eubank and Lee?

Comment

GGG would probably be the only one favored by most. I'd be very surprised if Andrade didnt beat him....he has a big reach/height advantage and a style to just outwork him outside....but then again, it seems you need to win 12 rounds to beat Canelo. The big Charlo has a decent shot if he keeps busy as well...Lara would if he wasn't a huge fa6.....he already outclassed him but was too much of a puss to put a stamp on it. J-Rock seems like a smart bet as well, but he's almost a prospect...Eubank Jr too...

The rest are either too small(Cotto), weak(Trout), chinny(Jacobs) or plain ordinary(Saunders,other Charlo) to beat him.....
          Last edited by -Hyperion-; 05-23-2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I think GGG & BJS have the best shots at 160. I think BJS is the sleeper of the division & has the highest boxing IQ in the division despite his lack of confidence in himself. And I think my picks if these fights were happening next is BJS by decision & Canelo by decision over GGG. Although I do give GGG a solid shot at KOing Canelo in the middle rounds.

At 154 I think Lara would repeat the W I thought he deserved the first time. I'm not sold on the Charlo's or J-Rock like some, but I would watch with interest if those fights happened even if I could pick any of them to beat Canelo. I'm not super sold on Andrade largely cuz he seems like a knucklehead, but I think I'd put him as having the 2nd best chance of beating Canelo at 154.

Comment

i wish GGG would fight jacobs just to appease the andreward/floyd/al haymon segment of the boxign world who views GGG as a fraud hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                Who can beat Canelo, from 154 lbs to 160lbs?

At 160lbs, Canelo would get destroyed by Golovkin, Jacobs and Saunders. He would not get knocked out by Saunders, though, just outboxed and win a gift decision.
                At 154lbs, Canelo would win gift decisions against Lara, Trout and both Charlos, but get outboxed for most of the fight.
                I think Andrade,Lara,maybe the bigger Charlo at 154 could all beat him...
                At 160 obviously GGG, maybe Lemeuix if he catches him with a huge shot, we don't know how Canelo takes a punch, he's been in with Floyd,trout,Lara,khan,Cotto...not exactly big punching middleweights like Lemuiex.

Maybe Jacobs because of the size and power..

Honestly I think Spence, Thurman,Brook would all fight him pretty well being bigger welterweights that could probably go to 155...

Comment

everyone who says jacobs lmfao log off and just enjoy the sport as a casual fan cause Yall DKSAB

Comment

Originally posted by !VIVA MEXICO! View Post
                    everyone who says jacobs lmfao log off and just enjoy the sport as a casual fan cause Yall DKSAB
                    Well at 155 Jacobs would be quite drained lmfao...

Comment

Working...
                    X