Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Rock at the Oscars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the joke he made about Jada Pinkett Smith and Rihanna's panties was pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I thought the joke he made about Jada Pinkett Smith and Rihanna's panties was pretty funny.
      I like the fact that he singled her out, but thought his comparison would be a little wittier, a little less crude. It was a bit "on the nose" for Oscar night IMO.

Imagine if the Oscars had always been like that:

"Just before I introduce the next award category, I thought I'd better let you know that I've been licking Ava Gardner's pissflaps."

I don't get why there has to be a "best foreign language" category, either. Why can't it compete in the same pool?

1949, for example, saw the Oscar for Best Picture go to All The King's Men, and the foreign language one go to Bicycle Thieves. I've never seen All The King's Men, is it better? I know not everyone likes subtitles, but they can get used to it or fuk off.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        Call me crazy but when I watch the Oscars I prefer to be entertained instead of being lectured about how racist everyone is.
        To be fair, his hands were kind of tied on this one... when it's all the news is talking about, how could he NOT refer to it?

Comment

Lost a lot of respect for the black folk.

They should want to win stuff on merit and not rely on handouts.

Comment

I thought it was hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Comment

This is exactly what I mean. Certain groups of people will now discredit every black person that wins an Oscar moving forward by opining it wasn't merit based.

So you can say nothing and not get nominated or say something and then have every award won be discredited.

Comment

i laughed, i cringed...i changed the channel

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    This is exactly what I mean. Certain groups of people will now discredit every black person that wins an Oscar moving forward by opining it wasn't merit based.

So you can say nothing and not get nominated or say something and then have every award won be discredited.
                    As it should be. You will get a couple of affirmative action Oscar's next year for the sake of it.

The World isn't against black people, in fact it highly favours them these days through policies of affirmative action and black people abusing the race card.

When I say black people I mean African-Americans. Black people from Africa are probably embarrassed.

Comment

As it should be. You will get a couple of affirmative action Oscar's next year for the sake of it.

The World isn't against black people, in fact it highly favours them these days through policies of affirmative action and black people abusing the race card.

When I say black people I mean African-Americans. Black people from Africa are probably embarrassed.
                      Who said the world was against black people? hahah the world surely doesn't favor black people. those policies do not favor anyone. They do 2 things:

-give opportunities to people who deserved them but for years were not given them solely because of their skin color

-give people who are not as smart, talented and who did not earn an opportunity somewhere to point the finger rather than place the blame in the proper place

The primary reason you have affirmative action programs is to protect admission/job opportunities for legacies-relatives of previous graduates/current employees-who otherwise would not be admitted to school/university or offered jobs at certain companies/corporations.

Comment

Working...
                      X