No announcement yet.

Boxers footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    If you have watched any Bernard Hopkins fight in the last 10 years and still don't understand the importance of footwork, you never will. If there is one thing that should be BHop's legacy to the sport, it is economical footwork. Footwork alone kept 48 year old BHop from getting "Krushed." Kovalev knew if he stepped into the danger zone he was the one that was going to pay for it.
    Yes
    Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
    Can't forget Floyd/Baldomir.
    Yes
    Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Postol owned Matthysee through footwork.

Pac stood in front of opponents while in guard but his footwork while attacking was incredible, causing opponents to stop throwing.

Hugely underrated/overlooked footwork; Calzaghe. He would place himself in awkward positions, including the crazy face-to-face, that made guys uncertain about throwing. Meanwhile he's just raining on them. He, being a southpaw, made it even more awkward for opponents.
    And hell yea

Comment

Mijares/Rafa Marquez is a great example if anybody watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Postol owned Matthysee through footwork.

Pac stood in front of opponents while in guard but his footwork while attacking was incredible, causing opponents to stop throwing.

Hugely underrated/overlooked footwork; Calzaghe. He would place himself in awkward positions, including the crazy face-to-face, that made guys uncertain about throwing. Meanwhile he's just raining on them. He, being a southpaw, made it even more awkward for opponents.
        So true about Calzaghe. He made Lacy look just as flawed as he was all along. Lacy could have learned from it, but he really didn't. Calzaghe and prime Hopkins would have been fun. Some think Hopkins naturally would have beaten him, but I'm definitely not convinced. Put them both and at 30 and I definitely see Joe getting the better of him. Put them both at 35 and it's closer. Either way, Joe was brilliant with the footwork.

Comment

Roberto Duran had excellent footwork,, especially for a guy on the attack. I mention him because he's underrated in this department.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Roberto Duran had excellent footwork,, especially for a guy on the attack. I mention him because he's underrated in this department.
            True............

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
              Mijares/Rafa Marquez is a great example if anybody watched it.
              Another great example

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Nice belt.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Lets look past speed and look more at position, certain fighters can limit other fighters offense due to pure footwork/foot positioning...while fighters may look explosive against some against others they are very limited.

List some fighters who limit others offense solely on foot positioning and effective movement.
                    Zahir Rahim, never gets any love. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                      He dared to be great. What more can you ask for? You don't fight Salido caliber opponents in your second pro fight. And he bounced back in a big way.
                      i meant disappointed in the result, not disappointed in loma.
                      still a huge fan of him lol
                      and thats exactly wat i like best about loma. going for salido level in second pro fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X