No announcement yet.

Ward needs to unify the supermiddle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward needs to unify the supermiddle

What is the reason why Ward isn't calling out Jack, Abraham, Degale, the Dirrells', Groves ? He should unify the division!! Could it be because Haymon owns the division and won't let any of his fighters fight Ward? if so, shouldn't Ward make it public and force mandatory fights? ANY insights into this?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=689169

That's the reason.

Comment

I have no problem with him moving up now. He's already beaten the best the division had to offer once, now that it's refreshed I won't hold it against him if he wanted to move up and make some big money.

Besides, I don't think anyone in that division wins more than three or four rounds against Ward in a fight at his best - not any of them.

Comment

-168 is a division on the brink of total collapse, a vacuum ruled by the leftovers of the outgoing generation.

-Ward might not even be able to make weight anymore. I don't think he fought at 172 lbs for no reason.

-175 is where the money and opponents are.

Comment

The only fight for Ward at '68 that would make sense, at least to me, would be Chunky.

And he's with Haymon.

So...

Comment

Haymon doesn't like Roc Nation and they don't like Haymon, it's really that simple, they will never work together.

HBO realized that and pretty much told Ward and Roc Nation they can go to hell with there demands and sent them packing to blowing through money over at BET.

Roc Nation realizes they need HBO and so does Ward, so now they accepted a 3 fight deal which he has to move up in weight.

And to be quite honest The fighters you mentioned are easy pickings for Ward.

Comment

I agree with you. Ward has the best footwork in the division. Head and shoulders above the competition. Still, he should fight and win the belts. The belts would help him become a ppv star.

Comment

Too much politics. I don't think the fans are ever going to see the best fight the best. Boxing needs to take a page out of the ufc playbook

Comment

Originally posted by TUE View Post
                  Too much politics. I don't think the fans are ever going to see the best fight the best. Boxing needs to take a page out of the ufc playbook
                  the best at 168 are far worse than the best at 175

Arthur Abraham, who looked far better at 160 (5'9"), already lost to Ward and hasn't looked himself in years is ranked #1 at 168. Ward would have to fight unproven mid-packers and deflated hypejobs. And we don't even know if he can still cut.

175 is way way more interesting.

Comment

I'm so sick of reading all these threads about Ward. He's a great fighter but does he have a fight on the books yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X