Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ATG doesn't have any controversial decision win(s)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ATG doesn't have any controversial decision win(s)?

I was debating somebody earlier when he did the usual discrediting due to some 'gift decisions' some ATG's had so I told him that the vast majority of greats have atleast one fight that was very close and could have gone either way. So my question is which ATG's did not really have a single questionable points victory?

I maybe wrong but I will say Rocky he usually knocked people.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      I was debating somebody earlier when he did the usual discrediting due to some 'gift decisions' some ATG's had so I told him that the vast majority of greats have atleast one fight that was very close and could have gone either way. So my question is which ATG's did not really have a single questionable points victory?
      Dempsey and Jack Johnson (as champion)
      I don't remember Duran having any questionable victories nor Tyson.

Comment

Floyd and Calzaghe are borderline. I personally don't consider Castillo I or Hopkins controversial. I haven't seen the Robin Reid fight though.

Roy Jones never got a controversial decision.

Lewis has no controversial decision wins in my opinion. I thought he beat Mercer.

Tyson.

Liston?

Hopkins?

They definitely exist.

Comment

Monzon and Tyson are really the only ones i can think of.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
            Floyd and Calzaghe are borderline. I personally don't consider Castillo I or Hopkins controversial. I haven't seen the Robin Reid fight though.

Roy Jones never got a controversial decision.
            Gotta say, I disagree on all three counts.

As for my own answer to the thread, Marvin Hagler. Yeah, the Leonard fight has controversy surrounding it but Hagler didn't get the decision so that doesn't fall into this particular category of 'gift decision'.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
              Gotta say, I disagree on all three counts.

As for my own answer to the thread, Marvin Hagler. Yeah, the Leonard fight has controversy surrounding it but Hagler didn't get the decision so that doesn't fall into this particular category of 'gift decision'.
              Jones' controversial decision was what? Pavel? I stopped watching him years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                Marciano,,foreman (if you consider him top 10 which I do) lewis to an extent( holyfield2 and mercer fights were close)

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                  Dempsey and Jack Johnson (as champion)
                  I don't remember Duran having any questionable victories nor Tyson.
                  Tyson isn't a top 10 atg imo. his prime was too short

Comment

I heard Marciano mighta got a pass on lastarza in their first fight. then I remember foreman getting a pass on either ellis or shulz but that was very near the end of the line for him. I was thinkin pernell whitaker but then theres the first mgirt fight so i'll go with marvin haggler on this one

Comment

Working...
                    X