No announcement yet.

The Love for Rigondeaux is laughable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Love for Rigondeaux is laughable

how can you call yourself boxing fans and proclaim rigo p4p GOAT for beating ramos and cordaba (who knocked him down)

You're all going to have egg on your faces. when he get's knocked out

Comment

agreed
      let's see him do something (as a pro) before we call him great
      if he can beat Nonito, he's on his way
      at this point, he doesn't deserve the praise he gets

Comment

Good thread.

Comment

I haven't seen a single poster proclaim him as p4p GOAT.

So try again.

Comment

i hear you. i think dan's Rigo jerk-off threads are silly, too.

i mean, his theories about Rigo's early pro career achievements being unparalleled in the history of the sport have already been spectacularly debunked.

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            The win/loss thing is very arguable, but no fighter ever fighting better competition in so few fights or time? Complete and utter rubbish. He's doing very well, and often gets too much hate for what he's done so far and how quickly he's moving along, but what you're saying above is flat out BS.

For example: the best Rigondeaux has fought would be Cordoba. He's only ever been an interim champ. Wasn't ever even a real champ. When he stepped up as mandatory, he either lost badly or drew (some would say stiffed against Sidorenko). He's fought one 'champ' in Ramos, and we have to see what becomes of him still.

Someone like Tszyu, fought two world champs in his first 6 fights. More than Rigondeaux already, in half the fights. He had had 13 fights over 3 years by the time he won his first title, similar to Rigondeaux, except he had beaten 4 world champions, and 3 or 4 number 1 contenders.

If you take away the very first guy Jeff Fenech beat, his win/loss ratio over the first three years of his career was about 265-41, much greater than Rigondeaux. Even with his first pro fight against a bum, it still only becomes about 290-75, which is basically exactly the same.

The big thing though: in those three years, same time as Rigondeaux but with a few more fights, he fought and beat 5 world champions, 2 HOFers, 3 undefeated number 1 fighters, 1 undefeated US Olympic gold medalist and hugely hyped prospect, and a bunch of other dudes with good records, but who weren't very good fighters. He had also become a two division world champ and still holds the record for becoming a world champ in the shortest time ever; 6 months.

That's not even going into some of the Asians who jump in and fight real champions nearly straight away. Guys like Sahaprom who was fighting in a proper title fight in his 4th pro fight against a 55-4 level world champ, then having his first defense against multi champ, bantam great, Nona Konadu. Or Muangsurin who won the 140 title in his 3rd fight.

Get this: 9 of his first 12 pro fights were WBC 140 title fights. Out of those 12 fights, 6 were against world champions, 4 were against number 1 contenders or title challengers and 2 were against journeymen. That destroys what Rigondeaux has done in the same time and amount of fights. Annihilates it.

What about Sot Chitalada? He fought prime HOF world champ Jung Koo Chang in his 5th fight, lost, then beat WBC champ Gabriel Bernal in his 8th, followed by a title defense against champ Charlie Magri, and a rematch against former champ Bernal and then another defense against two time champion Freddie Castillo. 11 fights, less than three years, 4 world champs, 1 prime HOFer over two divisions. Same amount of fights in the same time but much, much greater competition.

Pete Rademacher, in the same time fought Floyd Patterson, Zora Folley, Lamar Clark, George Chuvalo, Brian London and a bunch of other guys. I'm pretty positive that if you checked out the win/loss ratio there it would be similar. Better competition though.

Neon Leon: 11 fights, heavyweight champ, fought Ali twice, 32-4 two time title challenger Alfredo Evangelista, undefeated future champ Coetzee, plus top contenders/title challengers LeDoux, Righetti, and Agosta. Much better.

Davey Moore: champ in 8th fight. Had beaten two champs, including undefeated Miraha and 41-1 long time, 154 pound champ Ayub Kalule by his 10th. Had also beaten top contenders Weir, Rooney and Guidan. ATGs Duran and Benitez came in his 13th and 15th fights respectively.

Kazuto Ioka: 11 fights, two division, three time, unified world champion!!!! Two excellent world champs beaten (or three if for some bizarre reason you count Interim title as being world champ...?), especially long time undefeated Oleydong. Champ in 7th fight.

That's just the guys I remembered off the top of my head as fighting great comp early on. There are many more. Some I can remember but can't be bothered looking up. Nobuo Nashiro, Tatsuyoshi, Kittikasem,

Rigondeaux is doing good stuff, but its not close to any historic run.
            ^^ you'd think that would've brought him down to Earth, but he's still acting like dude is a fistic angel sent down from boxing heaven.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-11-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Why start a thread making a blanket statement based on such a small number of people , its like this forum thrives of hate and loves rolling in it daily .

Comment

been saying it for years, FUCK what you did in the amatuers!

Your Pro career sucks and you haven't even fought at world class level but somehow you deserve and earned a shot at a p4p fighter?

Nukka Please.

Comment

Hi...I m accepting bets at 3:1 odds...I have the underdog of course if somebody is interested please send me a private message thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I haven't seen a single poster proclaim him as p4p GOAT.

So try again.
                    I hear you on this.

These guys seem to make up an argument then attack it.
                    He is good but...
                    Rig has yet to prove anything but when the hate grows for a fighter its a sign that they are closet fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X