No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Cunningham Nearly Finalized For 4/20 at MSG, NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    Hothead? What for? I just dislike people thinking that every post I make has some unmentioned reference to Haye/Price. I actually used to quite like Tyson Fury, but the since he gave up his belt to avoid Price - he's been laughable. To say he's above domestic level, but to go and fight Maddalone, Rogan, Pajkic etc is even more so! Saying he has a good resume is just pure lies. You can say what you want but the Chisora that showed up laughing at the scales against Fury is not the same that showed up against Helenius. So yes, I deduct credit from him. Especially because he said he was going to 'kill' Chisora and all that. Man can't punch to save his life. His resume is on par with Price's (after the Thompson fight), he hasn't beaten anyone who anyone would consider a serious challenger. Cunningham has 5 losses on his resume - they came in his last 11 fights. He was a decent CW, and is a lousy HW. To say he's a good opponent just relieves me from accepting your opinion. And so what if I'm from Liverpool? Do you think I find it offensive you refer to me as that? It makes me proud. Tyson Fury is an accident waiting to happen, and as soon as he grows some balls and fights my man Price - he'll be sparked out in a few rounds.
    i'm sure you said you were placing me on ignore after my last post.

did you change your mind, or was your willpower just too slight to resist viewing my post? judging by the manner of that remark and your replies here, i'd say you are more than offended by something (exactly what, i'm not sure).

anyway, back to business. your post is one big rhetorical attempt to conceal the truth. which is, Fury does indeed have a good resume after 20 fights and a better one than Price. most rational observers agree with me, not you. you disparage Maddalone, Rogan and Pajkic but seem content with Harrison, Skelton and Fury leftovers.

you can attempt to deduct credit from Fury because Chisora didn't take him seriously enough, but the truth is that neither man was in his tip-top shape. it was a fair fight and an excellent win for Fury at that stage of his development, especially given how Chisora has proceeded since. i'm waiting for a decent rebuttal to this, but i'm not holding my breath.

Cunningham can hardly be a "lousy" heavyweight when he just defeated one of the more highly regarded HW contenders of recent times.

you can restate it all you like, but i don't believe you when you say that the robotic Price will defeat Fury when they meet. Fury is simply the better fighter, and hits at least hard enough to have felled Price with headgear. but thanks for admitting that your disparagement of Fury was an attempt to boost Price all along.

thou braggart knave, Tyson Fury is a wonderful young man and i am against any fellow who disparages him unfairly.

Comment

i would also like to add that Steve Cunningham has been fighting mostly high-quality competition over those last 11 fights (in which he suffered 5 losses while giving very competitive, gutty showings in all), including some guys who've since made a decent fist of it up at HW.

Tony Thompson, not so much (excepting Wladimir, who whooped Thompson X2 and to whom Thompson gave no fight to in their recent rematch).

Troy Ross alone is better than any Thompson opponent bar Wladimir.
      Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-31-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        i'm sure you said you were placing me on ignore after my last post.

did you change your mind, or was your willpower just too slight to resist viewing my post? judging by the manner of that remark and your replies here, i'd say you are more than offended by something (exactly what, i'm not sure).

anyway, back to business. your post is one big rhetorical attempt to conceal the truth. which is, Fury does indeed have a good resume after 20 fights and a better one than Price. most rational observers agree with me, not you. you disparage Maddalone, Rogan and Pajkic but seem content with Harrison, Skelton and Fury leftovers. :lol1:

you can attempt to deduct credit from Fury because Chisora didn't take him seriously enough, but the truth is that neither man was in his tip-top shape. it was a fair fight and an excellent win for Fury at that stage of his development, especially given how Chisora has proceeded since. i'm waiting for a decent rebuttal to this, but i'm not holding my breath.

Cunningham can hardly be a "lousy" heavyweight when he just defeated one of the more highly regarded HW contenders of recent times.

you can restate it all you like, but i don't believe you when you say that the robotic Price will defeat Fury when they meet. Fury is simply the better fighter, and hits at least hard enough to have felled Price with headgear. but thanks for admitting that your disparagement of Fury was an attempt to boost Price all along.

thou braggart knave, Tyson Fury is a wonderful young man and i am against any fellow who disparages him unfairly.
        We both know they're all equally crap. I have never stated Price's resume is better than Fury's but Fury vacated instead of figting Price. Those are the only facts we have. Everything else is opinion. Let's see when they finally meet. Calling Price robotic really shows how much you know about boxing.

Comment

This is a bad fight for Cunningham, and its just more reason for fury to gloat like the A$$ he is. If they put him against a solid undefeated american i dont think that he would be this excited for the fight. Prediction: if fury gets in with a solid fighter he will get knocked out.

Hopefully, Cunningham can get inside and cause a few problems like i think pajick did.

Comment

We both know they're all equally crap. I have never stated Price's resume is better than Fury's
            how could you? Fury's is better. but you did try vainly to downgrade Fury's to make it seem like Price's is on a par.

but Fury vacated instead of figting Price. Those are the only facts we have.
            a convenient simplification of a more complex situation.

in one prompted outburst live on C5, Fury did a better job of promoting David Price as an opponent for himself than Price had managed to do in any of his ring performances. hardly the act of a man who wants to avoid another.

Everything else is opinion. Let's see when they finally meet. Calling Price robotic really shows how much you know about boxing.
            Price is robotic, limited. Fury is better, more versatile, more strings to his bow. all Price has for Fury is a heavy hand, nothing else. take that away and Price would have no hope. as it is, he has the hope of a guy with a big (if possibly somewhat overrated) heavyweight punch.

yes, we'll see. Price will lose. "down goes Price! down goes Price!", the man on the mic will exclaim.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
              This is a bad fight for Cunningham, and its just more reason for fury to gloat like the A$$ he is. If they put him against a solid undefeated american i dont think that he would be this excited for the fight. Prediction: if fury gets in with a solid fighter he will get knocked out.

Hopefully, Cunningham can get inside and cause a few problems like i think pajick did.
              who Deontay Wilder? Bryant Jennings?

Cunningham is a more solid fighter for Fury than these two for sure. In my eyes he already has a better heavyweight win than Wilder, Jennings or Fury in Adamek...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Cunningham is a more solid fighter for Fury than these two for sure. In my eyes he already has a better heavyweight win than Wilder, Jennings or Fury in Adamek...
                Yup, to the bold. A better win than anything Tony Thompson has, too.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                  Tyson will be like a big bully in this fight
                  Oh the irony.

Comment

i curse any scoundrel or bounder who has slighting words to speak of Tyson Fury!

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                      Oh the irony.
                      Well after calling out Wlad, he makes himself look a bit bully like beating up on a cruiserweight

Comment

Working...
                      X