Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you say to people that refuse to call Boxers athletes due to their size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    You call them ******ed, a guy like Gamboa at his size is capable of playing a ton of different sports as opposed to an athlete like Vernon Davis or Demarcus Ware who probable couldn't play any other sport besides football.

What other sport do you see Gambao playing, maybe soccer, you compared him to davis and ware, 2 of the most freakish athletes in their sport, so I guess Gambao is more of an athlete than RG3 and Luck, also Gambao is 5"5 1/2 please tell me a sport you see him competing in a high level other than boxing, let's not go football, yes there are guys like ray rice/ Maurice jones drew whoe are 5"8 & 5"9 but those guys weigh 210-215 Lbs...smh
    Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 04-22-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      We (as in boxing fans) consider these dudes warriors. But the general public that watches sports would laugh at them.

There's people out there who laugh at boxers' manlet status. I don't really blame them too much though considering there's boxers that are 5'4" 120 pounds...

I remember I tried to post a Pound for Pound ranking on a sports forum and they laughed and said "what's P4P, is that a word for midget men who want to appear manly?"

Where is the line drawn where we can call these boxers athletes? What's the minimum weight class where we can we feel comfortable calling these fighters athletes?
      Ask the 200 pound Black Man that tried to punk my nephew 16 year old Hector Luna who was the 110 pound Jo National Champ. He was laid out like a sack of potatoes. I bet he didn't tell any of his buddies about this event especially since my nephew looks like a White dude cause he's half white. He no longer boxes due to a shoulder dislocation that happen at Golden gloves in 2009 lucky for Raushee that he's gone

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
        ESPN did an analytic comparison stating that boxing is the toughest sport in the world: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

So to those people that mock boxers? Fuck you.
        Those rankings are completely horrible. Too much for me to even explain.

Comment

Never seen that. Boxing is practically synonomous (sp) with conditioning.

Generally people think you're both in shape and can fight.

Never really heard anyone discount boxers as athletes...hell, most athletes respect how hard boxing is.

Comment

let me see a football player box for 12 rds, lol

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry
              yes...it was spartans. or a/sp/ies

it is true though, they do train harder than any so called athletes.
              What is spartans?

Comment

See talk like this gets to me, boxers are athletes and they get mad respect, but don't start saying they are the best conditioned athletes. You have to take in consideration all sports. I don't think boxers are no more conditioned than any top athlete in any sport. You have track & field,swimming, cycling, soccer, heck tennis players are some of the most well conditioned athletes. It's funny trying to compare boxers to football players. Most of the boxers walk around not in condition when there not fighting,except for a few, and honestly I can only name a few, Wvladimir K, Pacman, Money May, old Hopkins, & Marquez to name a few.so when boxers go thought 6-8 weeks of training to get in shape for a fight, it's not different than football 2 a days for the summer to get ready for the season,8 weeks in a summer so it's about the same for both. And there some football players who stay in shape all year round, I'll put Terrell Owens conditioning up against any athlete. We're talking conditioning now!
                Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 04-22-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Anyone whos say that is a ******, you can guarantee that these 'midgets' would spark any meat head gym monkey you could find.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    /sp/artans?

anyways ....those midgets train harder than any of the "real" athletes
                    two words " manny pacquiao"

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                      haters gonna hate, if big show can be considered an athlete every boxer even at minimumweight is an athelete up to chris areola or tyson fury right now.
                      lol who considers Big Show an athlete?

athlete is a odd term, while I guess it applies broadly I always tend to associate with someone who participates in track athletics

Comment

Working...
                      X