Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can David Haye find redemption and earn the fans respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
    I fear David Haye will be forgotten like Victor Ortiz (remember him? He lost to Maidana)..what the hell happened Victor anyway?
    Victor Ortiz lost trying, Haye lost not trying whatsoever because he was scared to get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
      Victor Ortiz lost trying, Haye lost not trying whatsoever because he was scared to get knocked out.
      I know, i saw both fights, but back to my question..what happened to Victor Ortiz after he lost to Maidana?

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
        I know, i saw both fights, but back to my question..what happened to Victor Ortiz after he lost to Maidana?
        I get your question, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other at all.

Ortiz didn't back out of fighting Maidana twice, then talk smack for 2 years before doing nothing at all in the fight.

Huge difference there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          I get your question, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other at all.
          It kind of does though really. One bad performance (more of a stylistic thing than a courage thing, maybe?) doesnt completely define a fighter, maybe it does in the moment. All im saying is ill pass judgement on Hayes career when he decides to retire.

Comment

Can David Haye find redemption and earn the fans respect?

rewatch skys telecast of haye/klitschko. even the lackey britt comentaters got clowned by haye.and in the u.k some sportbooks even had haye close to being favored.
            didn't know there could be so many dumb aa sses on one island.
            i mean those poor people are so hard up they still think fraudley can box.
            feel sorry for them. no doubt haye will see $ signs and keep fighting.
            doesnt take much to entertain the britts.

Comment

david hayes performance was so predictable against wvlad...i had big money on the Ukrainian because u know haye wasnt trying to win... he is great Britain mayweather he just fights offensively...he knew he couldn't win this fight without killing himself...he will fight again...proves again how boxing is just a business and not about winning anything

Comment

A younger David Haye !!!

And his pet !!!

Comment

Haye knows how to grab headlines and get fans talking, and he also knows that in this age of a million boxing web sites, there is no end to the appetite for controversial quotes and trash talk.

He's a mixed bag, because he really hasn't been a very good heavyweight at all.

I'm fine with seeing him back, would love to see Vitali annihilate him. But I think if Vitali demolishes Adamek there is no way Haye gets in the ring with him.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    hes a two division titlist, he doesnt need to prove anything. that said i would love to see him fight povetkin, vitali or thompson after he stretches fat eddie. dont think he will though and thats fine, he will go down in history as one of the premier CWs ever who also won a paper title at HW.

he can beat both klitschkos but he needs to improve alot first, he has the talent but i dont think he wants to keep training and fighting fights for less money to get there.
                    Uh, there is no evidence whatsoever that he can "beat both Klitschkos."

If he ever fights Vitali his career will be over and he won't need to decide to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
                      I had to laugh at the bolded sentence - this is Gayevid we are talking about, if you haven't figured him out by now, you never will. He showed you all his true colors in the lead up to the Wlad fight, during the fight, and after the fight - it's yellow with a streak of brown (also red once a month).

If he was really into fighting and not ripping all you gullible Brits off for his 3D "battles" (gangrape according to him) against Fraudley, he would have fought Wlad back in July 2009.

But, having said that, he had heart in the CW, and great speed and power, plus a 2 division champ. He had a good career, he just ruined any good will he had from his former fans by his big mouth and crappy performances at HW plus his behavior in the Wlad fight. His only hope of not staying a joke for the rest of time, is to come back and fight Vitaly, of course we all know that Gayevid "has no beef with Vitaly". LOL
                      Funny, isn't it -- Vitali has plenty of "beef" with Haye.

I don't see Haye beating any top heavyweight -- and he didn't beat Valuev either, that was a farce. He showed his true colors against Valuev, and fought the same fight versus Wlad, and should have lost BOTH fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X