No announcement yet.

Wanderlei Silva and Chris Leben Agree to Meet at UFC 132

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanderlei Silva and Chris Leben Agree to Meet at UFC 132

Chris Leben is getting what he asked for and fighting his personal hero, Wanderlei Silva, at UFC 132 on July 2 in Las Vegas.

The UFC made the fight announcement early Monday evening via its website.

Silva (33-10-1, 1 NC) last saw action nearly 14 months ago at UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez where the former Pride light heavyweight champion fought three rounds with Michael Bisping. The fight ended in a decision with Silva getting the nod, although Bisping was vocal about believing he won the fight.

Leben (25-7) was last seen in a losing effort against Brian Stann at UFC 125: Resolution in January earlier this year. The loss was his first after three impressive wins in 2010 against Jay Silva, Aaron Simpson, and then Yoshihiro Akiyama.

A couple weeks ago, MMAWeekly.com reported Leben’s desire to fight Silva – a fighter he personally has a tremendous amount of respect for.

“(He) would like to reiterate his desire to compete against a legend of the sport and personal hero of his in Wanderlei Silva,” Leben’s manager, Gary Ibarra, said about his client.

UFC 132 also includes a bantamweight title fight between champion Dominick Cruz and former featherweight title holder Urijah Faber. The title bout is slated to be the main event on the card.

MMAWeekly.com will continue to follow up on more UFC 132 bouts as more information becomes available.

For all the latest MMA news, go to MMAWeekly.com
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...b4e175f312d8fb

I'm really glad this is still coming through. I thought this fight would be scrapped after Leben go knocked out by Stann.

War Wanderlei!!!

Comment

warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wanderlreiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Comment

yeah Wanderlei takes this one

Comment

I have a feeling Wanderlei is going to look good and then get straight wrecked with one punch.

I hope Silva wins

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
            I have a feeling Wanderlei is going to look good and then get straight wrecked with one punch.

I hope Silva wins
            Exactly the way I see it going down. I got points on Leben. Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Exactly the way I see it going down. I got points on Leben. Any takers?
              yeah man i say wandy takes this

Comment

come on silvaaaa

Comment

Pick em fight. leben has a real chance I reckon.

Comment

I'll go with Leben. More variety and younger. So he will win.

Comment

Working...
                    X