Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am just going to notice two things no one thought about so far.

1) Mayweather can jab when needed.

2) Cotto will have a pretty gigantic reach disadvantage.

I don't see it very likely that Cotto can be the one to estabilish the jab, but on the other hand i don't think there is any other way he can win.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Excellent breakdown.

You might wanna get Diaz on the phone.
      haha true lol Great plan.

These things always seem much simply on paper, for years people have said to beat floyd you need to jab, jab and jab again. yet no one has been able to. The only person I see even being able to get a shot on floyd would be Amir Khan, I no kahan cant fight up close but he is very tall, fast as heck and when fighting from the outside he has an amazing jab and straight punch. He could maybe keep floyd on the outside and pepper him with jabs all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by No1 View Post
        haha true lol Great plan.

These things always seem much simply on paper, for years people have said to beat floyd you need to jab, jab and jab again. yet no one has been able to. The only person I see even being able to get a shot on floyd would be Amir Khan, I no kahan cant fight up close but he is very tall, fast as heck and when fighting from the outside he has an amazing jab and straight punch. He could maybe keep floyd on the outside and pepper him with jabs all night.
        come on brah, cotto's jab is better than khan's. Has more authority, an better timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          broner's much too small. but forbes and solomon are pretty good choices. no1s really a great choice tho. what floyd does is quite unique.
          Ofcourse, same could be said about cotto tho (to a slightly lesser degree). The key is getting multiple guys in there that bring different facets.

Comment

• The thing people are forgetting is that the reason those other fighters stop throwing the jab is because Floyd was coming right over it with his own punch. I am not a mayweather nuthugger but dude does his in fight adjustments better than any other boxer in the game right now with a close second being JMM. I just think no matter what Cotto does Mayweather is going to adjust and from them on it will be a boxing clinic.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Ofcourse, same could be said about cotto tho (to a slightly lesser degree). The key is getting multiple guys in there that bring different facets.
              SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY -------> He seemed to do it right for Oscar. Freddie Roach asked him to come too camp for that fight. Shane is looking to take a fight this year so it may work for the both of them....LEFTY

Comment

• Hit him once with a left hook.. Mayweather has been exposed before and we all know he has a girl's chin this one should be over easily if Cotto gets through his defense first. I think Mayweather is greatly overrated plus I think he managed to buy some of his fights too........
                per my boxing experience I always remember the fight with Marquez and Mosley I think those 2 fights were just a boxing act.

After watching Henry Bruseles fight against Mayweather I realized that he was not as good as everyone think he is also watching him almost KO'd by Judah and Mosley with just one punch and not a real strong full contact punch I know that Cotto would KO his ass with a left hook anytime. I think this time he really will be exposed Cotto lost his fights to Pac and Marg and people think he is not good enough my comments to those that think Cotto is not good enough is that COTTO LOST BECAUSE HE DID NOT PREPARE IN THE GYM FOR THOSE FIGHTS he lost because of lack of stamina and he lost because he did not had a good strategic plan. This time under his new trainer I saw a better Cotto than before and if Mayweather wins this fight I will respect him and finally accept that he is really a great boxer if not then I will prove my point like I said I think he is an overrated boxer.
                Last edited by javielo; 02-02-2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                  The thing people are forgetting is that the reason those other fighters stop throwing the jab is because Floyd was coming right over it with his own punch. I am not a mayweather nuthugger but dude does his in fight adjustments better than any other boxer in the game right now with a close second being JMM. I just think no matter what Cotto does Mayweather is going to adjust and from them on it will be a boxing clinic.
                  To an extent, thats true. Imo, the jab will immediately be there, but cotto has got to work behind it, and get something else going/find something else effective. The jab alone, floyd will figure out. With that said, cotto has a better jab than any of floyds previous opponents.

Comment

• Miguel Cotto is too Slow for Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by javielo View Post
                      Hit him once with a left hook.. Mayweather has been exposed before and we all know he has a girl's chin this one should be over easily if Cotto gets through his defense first. I think Mayweather is greatly overrated plus I think he managed to buy some of his fights too........
                      per my boxing experience I always remember the fight with Marquez and Mosley I think those 2 fights were just a boxing act.

After watching Henry Bruseles fight against Mayweather I realized that he was not as good as everyone think he is also watching him almost KO'd by Judah and Mosley with just one punch and not a real strong full contact punch I know that Cotto would KO his ass with a left hook anytime. I think this time he really will be exposed Cotto lost his fights to Pac and Marg and people think he is not good enough my comments to those that think Cotto is not good enough is that COTTO LOST BECAUSE HE DID NOT PREPARE IN THE GYM FOR THOSE FIGHTS he lost because of lack of stamina and he lost because he did not had a good strategic plan. This time under his new trainer I saw a better Cotto than before and if Mayweather wins this fight I will respect him and finally accept that he is really a great boxer if not then I will prove my point like I said I think he is an overrated boxer.
                      Pretty much everything you said about PBF is bull****, but it is true that Cotto will need the stamina and strategy he and his camp could not put together in some of his other fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X