No announcement yet.

The Book of Five Rings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book of Five Rings

I reccomend this book for the people out there training in boxing, kickboxing, other martial arts etc... now your wondering why i am talking about this in the training forums.. ill tell you why

The book is written by Miyamoto Musashi, who was a famous Japanesse samurai.. back in the Feudal era.. He was known, and is sitll known from this day as "The Greatest Swordsman of all time" he never lossed a single duel ... and has been in many wars.. and battles, and famous duels etc...

Well this book is all about freeing your mind, and not concentrating on 1 thing.. it will help you out in your training.. trust me.. it will help you make yourself more relaxed, and focus.. its a great, great book... i reccomend it

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
    I reccomend this book for the people out there training in boxing, kickboxing, other martial arts etc... now your wondering why i am talking about this in the training forums.. ill tell you why

The book is written by Miyamoto Musashi, who was a famous Japanesse samurai.. back in the Feudal era.. He was known, and is sitll known from this day as "The Greatest Swordsman of all time" he never lossed a single duel ... and has been in many wars.. and battles, and famous duels etc...

Well this book is all about freeing your mind, and not concentrating on 1 thing.. it will help you out in your training.. trust me.. it will help you make yourself more relaxed, and focus.. its a great, great book... i reccomend it
    that brings back memories. i read all those books when i was curious about philosophy in high school. Tao Te Ching, Book of 5 rings, The art of war, plato, aristotle it wouldnt hurt to read them all again its been ten years

Comment

Read art of war...will read that book you recommended..

it's always nice having an edge on your opponent.....mentally.
      Last edited by dreaded_FIST; 06-18-2010, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmacky View Post
        Read art of war...will read that book you recommended..

it's always nice having an edge on your opponent.....mentally.
        alright man, i think i have that book (art of war) actually.. somewhere in the basement in a box somewhere... i bought the book along time ago, never read it though... might hop on that some time soon... ight man thanks...

you will enjoy The Book of five rings

Comment

I made a thread about this some time ago. Great book and even greater man.

You should read in depth about him and his accomplishments. It was said he killed over 70 men in duels and major battles. He killed his first man at the age of 13 and then a few years later killed two brothers at the same time, that's when he developed the "Two Heavens" style. Which is using a sword in each hand.

After he killed the two brothers, he had to fight and kill their entire martial arts school and ended up killing everyone in the school and everyone in their family. He single handedly eliminated an entire discipline of of swordsmanship because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            I made a thread about this some time ago. Great book and even greater man.

You should read in depth about him and his accomplishments. It was said he killed over 70 men in duels and major battles. He killed his first man at the age of 13 and then a few years later killed two brothers at the same time, that's when he developed the "Two Heavens" style. Which is using a sword in each hand.

After he killed the two brothers, he had to fight and kill their entire martial arts school and ended up killing everyone in the school and everyone in their family. He single handedly eliminated an entire discipline of of swordsmanship because of it.
            jesus........

question. are these things "myths" or is there factual evidence recorded somewhere?

Comment

lol stuff like this wont help u at all it will only make u think and feel ur a ninja samurai before getting ktfo...

Comment

Link to the book enjoy

www.feedbooks.com/book/3953.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
                  jesus........

question. are these things "myths" or is there factual evidence recorded somewhere?
                  No it was true, many duels in ancient Japan were recorded and documented. He is the most famous of them all because he never lost a duel. He even saved many men's life by not killing them and only choosing to maim them.

Many of his battles are even commemorated by stone plaques in Japan where the duel actually happened.

He actually lived the rest of his older life in this small village in Japan where he decided to write this book after converting to Buddhism I believe it was. He would climb the side of this mountain everyday to this cave where he would sit for hours and then write the book.

The book is separated into 5 chapters, The Earth, Wind, Water, Fire and The Void or Nothingness.

It's not an easy read in the sense that it takes some time to truly understand his metaphors and what he's talking about and how to relate it to real life or current life as we know it.

It's a short book though but I have read it like 10 times trying to understand what he was talking about, especially the last chapter.

Comment

The book of five rings is great, but I personally think that the Art of War is the best read out there. Read the Art of War and then watch a great fighter do his thing and you'll start seeing similarities. Floyd Mayweather, especially, is the perfect tactical boxer by Sun Tzu's standards.

Comment

Working...
                    X