Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 2 gets a 9.6 on IGN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother already downloaded it on his Modded 360, game is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
      My brother already downloaded it on his Modded 360, game is amazing.
      Is he upset that he has to swap a disc once every 20 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        US, January 23, 2010 - Last month, BioWare Community Manager Chris Priestly noted players had to do one required disc swap for the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2.

But that is no longer the case.

The game will make players re-insert disc 1 as they make their way towards the end levels. BioWare producer Jessie Houston explained to IGN just what happens.

"Players will start with Disc 1 for the introduction and early level choices, then go through a funnel level of sorts, where they will need to switch to Disc 2," Houston said. "From there they will play the middle portion of the game, which is mostly on Disc 2. Then after another funnel point in the story they'll go back to Disc 1."

Houston noted this decision had nothing to do with combating potential piracy, and was done to help alleviate breaking up the gameplay during the middle portions of Mass Effect 2.

"The decision was made due to the nature of having to go to two discs for what is a non-linear game and fitting the right amount of content onto each of the discs," he added. "This way players won't have to swap their discs multiple times during the middle of the game."

So basically, over the 40-50 hours you need to do 2 disc swaps.

40-50 hours? i read several places that said its a 20 hour game...

i'll bet you 100k points that there will be youtube vids of how to beat it in under 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
          40-50 hours? i read several places that said its a 20 hour game...

i'll bet you 100k points that there will be youtube vids of how to beat it in under 10 minutes
          Zelda OOT can be completed in about 6 hours, but only if you are speed running it, Mass Effect will be 40 hours+ if you do everything, which is how i judge a game.

Comment

Is he upset that he has to swap a disc once every 20 hours?
            No, it's all on 1 disc, no problems for him, it works great, he's done quite a lot on it already.

Great story

Comment

Zelda OOT can be completed in about 6 hours, but only if you are speed running it, Mass Effect will be 40 hours+ if you do everything, which is how i judge a game.
              yeah, but MGS4 can do the same, but lets be honest, thats still a 10 hour game etc....

the average gamer, on normal difficulty will complete ME2 in under 20 hours easily.... im betting under 15

now, thats not a big deal to me... to each their own. if its your thing, then by all means

the game's not my cup of tea so to say.. and its not a matter of length, but thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                yeah, but MGS4 can do the same, but lets be honest, thats still a 10 hour game etc....

the average gamer, on normal difficulty will complete ME2 in under 20 hours easily.... im betting under 15

now, thats not a big deal to me... to each their own. if its your thing, then by all means

the game's not my cup of tea so to say.. and its not a matter of length, but thats just me

I hate having to rush games, like when you rent them out.

I finished Fallout 3 in about 15 hours, but then i actually purchased it and clocked around 40 hours.

I think Mass Effect will be a minimum 20 hour game imo.

Comment

I hate having to rush games, like when you rent them out.

I finished Fallout 3 in about 15 hours, but then i actually purchased it and clocked around 40 hours.

I think Mass Effect will be a minimum 20 hour game imo.
                  20 hour game if you forget about the side missions and all the other cool stuff. If you do all that and clear the game the right way it will take you more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
                    20 hour game if you forget about the side missions and all the other cool stuff. If you do all that and clear the game the right way it will take you more than that.
                    Oh yeah, i agree.

I'll be clocking up 40 odd hours, and then theres the replay value, of choosing the evil path.

Comment

So basically, over the 40-50 hours you need to do 2 disc swaps.
                      Thats way too much work for a ps3 fanboy.

Getting it tommorow, didn't preorder so i might end up not getting it, but the chick at my local gamestop told me they had ordered tons of copies.

Comment

Working...
                      X