Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Green reminded me of Leonard vs Camacho.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobox View Post
    so what , there are plenty of sparring partners for great fighters who make it competetive in the gym but they dont necessarilly transfer it to a proper fight.
    He doesn't really know his boxing that well. Dude thinks because he saw them spar that he's some kind of insider.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Honestly though, how come some of you thought Jones would beat Hopkins now?
      I never thought he would.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
        NO **** right?

Sorry. Just cuz' you say it doesn't make it true.

Toney is just the better fighter period. He has skills, Roy didn't have skills. Just athletic ability. Which is why Toney has been able to be successful later in his career (evenwith all the fat) and Roy has nothing left.

Toney/Green fighting in the gym was legendary. Danny Green took the worst of it, but he was able to hang w/ Toney.

People act like Roy lost to some bum.
        ive seen those sessions, looked like Green going all out and Toney playing with him and not caring for his power. Also, looked like Toney could knock him when he wanted, when he landed a good combo, he was going back to his defense, allowing him to regroup.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
          He doesn't really know his boxing that well. Dude thinks because he saw them spar that he's some kind of insider.
          You're a funny kid.

I've been around boxing longer than you've been a fan.

Trust.

Comment

Dude, ,just shut up.

I box. I've sparred endless times. And I know, that even though its just "sparring", its fuking fighting.

If I punch you in the fukin head in the ring and bust up your nose w/ headgear on, you're not gonna say "oh its just sparring"...unless you're a *****.

If you're a real figher, you're gonna go at it.

Green and Toney went at it to the point where there was kd'owns and busted up grills.

I already proved to you Toney is better than Jones.

Just look at their careers and their skill sets.
            Blah, blah, blah... You think it means **** to have sparred? I've sparred too. It doesn't give me a pass to make ridiculous claims about how it's an indicator of a real fight. Danny Green ain't **** compared to Roy OR Toney. Danny Green wouldn't even be a blip on the radar against any prime fighter like those two. If Mundine (a poor man's Roy) could school him, imagine what Roy would have done in his prime. Something probably worse than what he did to JT.

Comment

"oh you don't agree with me and my biased opinion of Roy Jones, you don't know boxing"....

Diiiiiiick.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Two much better fighters, clearly shot to ****, losing to inferior, past prime fighters that wouldn't be able to shine their shoes in their prime.
                Funny thing is, this was and is a normality on Boxing. Fighters get older, and get beat by younger fighters. With the purses being much more lucrative these days, its easier now for a fighter to say, "Ehhh I've had enough".

Comment

You're a funny kid.

I've been around boxing longer than you've been a fan.

Trust.
                  Maybe so. Maybe a little too long, cuz you're saying some ignorant ****.

Comment

"oh you don't agree with me and my biased opinion of Roy Jones, you don't know boxing"....

Diiiiiiick.
                    I'm not even arguing an opinion on Roy. I'm saying that your example about "gym wars" where Danny Green fought Toney is horrible. You say that a real fight between them would have been similar, and I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                      Blah, blah, blah... You think it means **** to have sparred? I've sparred too. It doesn't give me a pass to make ridiculous claims about how it's an indicator of a real fight. Danny Green ain't **** compared to Roy OR Toney. Danny Green wouldn't even be a blip on the radar against any prime fighter like those two. If Mundine (a poor man's Roy) could school him, imagine what Roy would have done in his prime. Something probably worse than what he did to JT.
                      Well, Danny Green just knocked Roy Jones the **** out.

So the jokes on you.

Prime for prime you never know. Every fight is different. Roy Jones ducked a lot of tough fights in his prime.

He knew he was chinny.

Comment

Working...
                      X