Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Roy Jones Has Always Done Steroids Throughout His Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
    Sure, and that's why it's a banned substance but it also makes you a zombie. No point in being able to absorb pain if your speed and motor skills aren't close to a 100%.
    Well I know next to nothing about Vicodin so I'll take your word for it transforming you to a zombie. It doesn't matter as far as the topic goes anyway as Jones tested positive for a steroid and not painkiller.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Ok expert, what did he test positive for? He tested positive for a "banned substance" that doesn't mean steroid. It's a substance sold in many over the counter supplements and does not have the same effects as a steroid (permanent increase in speed, strength, stamina, etc).

Get your facts straight, hater.
      The IBF/USBA boxing commission sent out letter to Jones stating that he tested positive for anabolic steroids.

I have the letter/image and I'm ready to post it, but it says I need 15 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Draw View Post
        The IBF/USBA boxing commission sent out letter to Jones stating that he tested positive for anabolic steroids.

I have the letter/image and I'm ready to post it, but it says I need 15 posts.
        Everybody knows he tested positive for a banned substance. I have seen the fax that you have long ago and it tells us nothing. The substance he was taking wasn't like HGH and doesn't have that much of an effect.

He knew he was going to be tested and there are ways around it. If you're going to take a steroid, you're probably going to do it right, and if you're RJJ, you have people who know how to get around testing. This isn't the case, as he was caught and it was a weak supplement that is shown to have minimal effects.

Comment

Everybody knows he tested positive for a banned substance. I have seen the fax that you have long ago and it tells us nothing. The substance he was taking wasn't like HGH and doesn't have that much of an effect.

He knew he was going to be tested and there are ways around it. If you're going to take a steroid, you're probably going to do it right, and if you're RJJ, you have people who know how to get around testing. This isn't the case, as he was caught and it was a weak supplement that is shown to have minimal effects.
          You don't know what he was taking. You can't go by what Jones says himself, because he's the guilty one. That's like believing someone didn't rob a bank, even though all of the money is in that person's house.

The point is that Jones tested positive for anabolic steroids and that casted a dark shadow over his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Draw View Post
            You don't know what he was taking. You can't go by what Jones says himself, because he's the guilty one. That's like believing someone didn't rob a bank, even though all of the money is in that person's house.

The point is that Jones tested positive for anabolic steroids and that casted a dark shadow over his career.
            Actually, we know exactly what he was taking, it's a substance called Androstenedione.

Read up on it and get your facts straight.

Comment

Actually, we know exactly what he was taking, it's a substance called Androstenedione.

Read up on it and get your facts straight.
              Jones didnt know he was going to get tested for steroids, because steroid testing wouldnt start until 2002. Also there is no evidence that Jones tested for Andro either, Jacob Hall says he tested positive for anabolic steroids

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by -LightsOut- View Post
                  Jones didnt know he was going to get tested for steroids, because steroid testing wouldnt start until 2002. Also there is no evidence that Jones tested for Andro either, Jacob Hall says he tested positive for anabolic steroids
                  Jones tested positive in the A-sample and admitted to have taken a steroid.

The odd thing about the incident is that the IBF, who was responsible, chose to do nothing. No B-sample. No fine. No ban. Zip. Zero. Zilch. And the american media didn't follow up on these oddities. Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Jones tested positive in the A-sample and admitted to have taken a steroid.
                    Thats a fact which many people chose to ignore, I remember Jacob Hall mentioning that as well
                    Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    The odd thing about the incident is that the IBF, who was responsible, chose to do nothing. No B-sample. No fine. No ban. Zip. Zero. Zilch. And the american media didn't follow up on these oddities. Phew.
                    Miriam muhammad wasnt the head of the IBF back then, but she was high in the organisation and she was the wife of Jones's promoter, Murad Muhammad.

They actually went out of thier way to give Jones as many chances as possible
                    -waiting 5 months before asking for sample B, im not even sure if they ever got it
                    -telling Jones when they were going to test him in the future

Jones did get fined, he had to pay $100 to a police charity, lol

Comment

Indiana boxing commissioner Jacob Hall
                      BRC: Let's move on to both fighters positive tests for anabolic steroids. As you well know there have been several versions of events; the Ripped Fuel version, the sinus medicine, etc. Can you clear it up for the fans? How specific are these tests and can you rule out... let's say the sinus medication, for instance?

JHALL: Not from the information we received.The information we received indicated that Mr. Jones failed the drug test for anabolic steroids. Talking to Roy's attorney, Fred Levin, he indicated that Roy had taken a substance called Ripped Fuel, an over the counter supplement that is not illegal but is an illegal substance according to the IBF and the other sanctioning bodies. He admits that Roy took that. I have no knowledge that he took that or some other substance...

BRC: Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly... You do know that there were anabolic steroids in Roy's system?

JHALL: Yes.

BRC: You do know that Ripped Fuel could possibly have been the cause of the positive test result?

JHALL: Roy's attorney, Fred Levin said that Roy was taking that. I do not know that (Ripped Fuel) is what he was taking.

BRC: We can't rule the Ripped Fuel out but we can't say that it was the only thing that could have caused Roy to test positive, is that correct?

JHALL: Correct.
                      http://www.braggingrightscorner.com/sarajhall1.html
                      Also Jones didnt know he was going to get tested for steroids, because steroid testing in boxing only started as a pilot program from 2001
                      FH: Boxing uses urinalysis to test fighters for illegal drugs, but when did the sport initially begin testing specifically for steroids?

Goodman: That was proposed by [Then-commissioner] Flip Homansky at the time, and I think that it started in 2001 as a pilot program. There was a time where fighters were being educated. So it was in 2001 that the individuals were notified, and then in 2002 the testing was actually begun more uniformly.
                      http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/01/0...le-for-boxing/

Also another fact, which gets overlooked is that when the IBF contacted Jones in August and asked for another steroid test he took a long time getting back to them- about 3 weeks
                      Miriam Muhammad, the head of the IBF:
                      Muhammad: That's correct and there was also another one that Ms. Knight herself asked me to send... She asked me to send them, (the letters), I sent them. Then she herself sent one to ... it was directed to Roy Jones telling him that she hadn't heard from him about the results from Specimen B and that she was directing him to contact this office no later than the close of business on Friday, August 25, 2000.
                      http://www.braggingrightscorner.com/saraevidence1a.html

Comment

Working...
                      X