Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Arthur Abraham's selection of Mahir Oral shameless Cherry Picking? Poll, Discuss!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
    Oral isn't a European, he's a Turk. Like everyone else, I was disappointed because I wanted Abraham to face a higher-profile opponent.

But people should not disparage Oral just because they've never heard of him.
    I never said Oral was European. I was referring to Abraham. No, I agree, no one should disparage Oral. To be honest, no one gives two ****s about Oral. They are disparaging Abraham for being in a position where he could potentially push the issue on his fight with Pavlik and his career in general and he has chosen to fight Mahir Oral in Germany.

Comment

abraham needs an easy fight after his wars with raul marquez and lajuan simon.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        I never said Oral was European. I was referring to Abraham. No, I agree, no one should disparage Oral. To be honest, no one gives two ****s about Oral. They are disparaging Abraham for being in a position where he could potentially push the issue on his fight with Pavlik and his career in general and he has chosen to fight Mahir Oral in Germany.
        Uve got a good arugment, but honestly who would you propose he fight. Sturms not fighting, Pavliks busy, PWilliams just fought. The problem is the divison is weak.

Comment

I thought Abraham was going to fight Giovanni Lorenzo.

If you ask me it is Abraham who is being avoided by Pavlik and Sturm. Those fights should have happened by now.

Comment

Guy only lost once, cherry picking my ass. Sure he probably will get destroyed by AA but that doesn't change the fact he is a tough sob still. And he probably hasn't fought near AAs competition but still! Isn't padding your record more like fighting guys who constantly lose?

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
              Guy only lost once, cherry picking my ass. Sure he probably will get destroyed by AA but that doesn't change the fact he is a tough sob still. And he probably hasn't fought near AAs competition but still! Isn't padding your record more like fighting guys who constantly lose?
              He's a tough SOB b/c he's only lost once? This is a fairly speculative declaration. If Abraham wanted to I don't doubt he could get his hands on someone undefeated who is a Can. Having few losses doesn't neccessarily indicate quality. You know Tye Fields was undefeated when Andre Barret turned him into every keyboard jockey's favorite punchline.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                He's a tough SOB b/c he's only lost once? This is a fairly speculative declaration. If Abraham wanted to I don't doubt he could get his hands on someone undefeated who is a Can. Having few losses doesn't neccessarily indicate quality. You know Tye Fields was undefeated when Andre Barret turned him into every keyboard jockey's favorite punchline.
                So, tye fields is still good enough to ko anyone on this forum even if we do crack jokes on him.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                  So, tye fields is still good enough to ko anyone on this forum even if we do crack jokes on him.
                  ?? NO ****.. Charlie Zelenoff also takes half the folks on this forum. I like to think that beating up boxing forum posters doesn't qualify you to fight world champion boxers?! Even Erdei has higher standards than that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                    If you ask me it is Abraham who is being avoided by Pavlik and Sturm. Those fights should have happened by now.
                    This is the objective truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                      This is the objective truth.
                      Pavlik didn't fight him. I suppose that makes it acceptable for Abraham to sit on his ass and let chicks write mediocre rock songs about him. I would have liked to think Abraham is better than to let Pavlik determine his fate as a fighter. OH well.

Comment

Working...
                      X