Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still slow: U.S. economy grew 1.6% in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Obama did a decent job of not making it worse.. he didn't solve the problem but he also didn't let us call off a cliff either. Don't agree with a lot of his policies but It wasn't a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      So, what's your take on Obama after 8 years, only being able to muster 1.6% GDP growth in his final year?
      2009 - I got a 6% return on my investments
      2010 - I got a 7% return on my Investments
      2011 - I got a 6% return on my investments
      2012- I got a 9% return on my investments
      2013- I got a 10% return on my investments
      2014 - I got a 8% return on my investments
      2015 - I got a 10% return on my investments
      2016 - I got a 16% return on my investments

That's is all after getting nothing higher that 2% return on average from 2000-2008 when we had our last republican president.

So in my eyes and my investments we loved Obama.

So for in 2017 which is only month in my investments are getting me 1.5% return.

That's how I look at whos a good and not a good president.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        The U.S. economy grew at an annual rate of 1.6% in 2016, the Commerce Department reported Friday.

In the last three months of the year -- between October and December -- the economy grew at an annual rate of 1.9%. It's the slowest pace of growth since 2011.

It reflects how slow the recovery has been for many Americans since the Great Recession, which ended in 2009.

Weak economic growth was a key reason behind President Trump's election. He promises to get growth up to 4% a year, something that hasn't happened since the late 1990s.

Trump's agenda to cut corporate and individual taxes, build more roads and bridges and cut away regulations have some optimistic that he can boost growth -- how much, is anyone's guess.

"This economy is starving for reform," says Joseph Brusuelas, chief economist at RSM, a consulting firm. Trump's tax, infrastructure and regulation reforms "are all poised to lift productivity and growth."

Source (full article):
        http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/27/news...016/index.html
        the point giver lifts all boxing scene warriors out of e-poverty one donation at a time.

long live the points, long live the green!

:ROCK::ANYWORD:

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
          So in my eyes and my investments we loved Obama.

That's how I look at whos a good and not a good president.
          No one, myself included, disputes Wall Street and investors did well under Obama. The problem is those without stocks, the poor and lower working class who Obama's policies were supposed to most benefit, don't own stocks. So they didn't benefit. AGAIN, average household income fell under Obama, except for the Top 1%.

So although you may look at your investments as the sole metric to judge by, you must understand millions of working Americans don't own investments.

If Obama's economy was so robust, how did Hillary not cruise to victory, especially against such a flawed candidate as Donald Trump?

Comment

Working...
          X