Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Trainer Wants Lomachenko Fight at Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma doesnt need rigo rigth now but i can see this fight at 126 with rehydr. To max 130

Comment

why is one of the greatest boxers of our time not in any big fights or getting any hype???????

Comment

Fibbing Guillermo doesn't wanna fight Lomachenko.......you can try to defend fibbing Guillermo all you want but then that makes you'll fibbulous...

Comment

Never lost a round until the Donaire fight?

Lol. Rigo is quality, for sure, but didn't he get knocked down, and barely nick the fight w/ Cordoba? At that point, Cordoba was a bit shot: Brutal wars with that Irish lad, wot's his face, Bernard Dunne, and my boy P'swat from Thailand (losing both of those fights, as well) really took a lot out of him.

Still, he was definitely fringe world class level at that point, and Rigo did just BARELY do enough to win.

But he got dropped, and lot at least 4-5 rounds, IMO.

Anyway, lol, long post to just make that correction...

Regarding this proposed fight with Loma (if he even gets by Moises, which is far from certain), I think 125 would be fair. Rigo isn't as small as people think - he could easily fight at FW.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Pedro Diaz and his Mundo Boxing team are hard at work at their Miami base preparing Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs) for his bout with Moises Flores (25-0, 17 KOs) on February 25 for the WBA Super Bantamweight world title. The clash in Texas between two unbeaten fighters will be the Cuban's first since he stopped James Jazza' Dickens in two rounds last July in Cardiff, Wales. Daz is of the belief that Flores could prove to be the toughest challenge yet for the 36-year-old.
            [Click Here To Read More]

let the record show.....

Bob Arum not only failed to propel Rigo's career, he stalled it.

there was no easy money to be made, so Arum put Rigo in the "too hard" basket..... especially after Rigo spanked Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              Never lost a round until the Donaire fight?

Lol. Rigo is quality, for sure, but didn't he get knocked down, and barely nick the fight w/ Cordoba? At that point, Cordoba was a bit shot: Brutal wars with that Irish lad, wot's his face, Bernard Dunne, and my boy P'swat from Thailand (losing both of those fights, as well) really took a lot out of him.

Still, he was definitely fringe world class level at that point, and Rigo did just BARELY do enough to win.

But he got dropped, and lot at least 4-5 rounds, IMO.

Anyway, lol, long post to just make that correction...

Regarding this proposed fight with Loma (if he even gets by Moises, which is far from certain), I think 125 would be fair. Rigo isn't as small as people think - he could easily fight at FW.
              You made yourself look fairly stupid with your attempted correction, and it's clear you didn't see his fight with Cordoba.

1. He wasn't ever knocked down by Cordoba. He jumped into a Cordoba jab and was knocked off balance. The ref ruled that his glove touched the canvas.

2. People who didn't see a fight can look at scores and claim a fighter scraped by. Fact is, Cordoba hardly touched Rigondeaux in that fight. Rigondeaux could have upped his work rate though.

3. Cordoba at that point was a top five 122 pounder. Not a fringe contender.

4. Again, Rigondeaux never got dropped, and Cordoba would have to actually be hitting him to win rounds. Bad judging.

5. Rigondeaux is 5'2 1/2 maybe 5'3. He's weighed 122 pounds in the ring on fight night for some fights. He is literally the smallest guy in the 122 pound division.

You don't seem to know what you are even talking about.

Comment

I wish Rigo wasnt soo boring. Great fighter, but no entertaining value for the Casuals.

Comment

The Lomachenko ship has sailed. Rigo's a sensationally talented fighter but his career is circling the drain hole. That Agbeko fight did catastrophic damage to his reputation and he has never recovered. And Nonito Donaire is still the only man with a name who had the balls to fight him. People should remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                    didn't Rigo turn this fight down when Loma was 126?
                    yeah he did.

Comment

I hope he means a catchweight between 126 and 130. If he means lower than featherweight, this is nothing but posturing

Comment

Working...
                      X