Ward wants redemption against Kessler.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Lucian Bute did better against Bika and Miranda than Andre Ward did.

Ward is just a pampered fighter who needs crooked home referees like Jack Reiss who permit him to deliberately headbutt and hit while holding.
      What does that have to do with anything? Miranda did better against Ward than Kessler did (or anyone for that matter)...

Comment

Offering Kessler a rematch is an honorable thing to do plus it will shut up all these Kesser fans.

Comment

By Fighting Steiglitz he gets a bigger payday and the WBO belt and his next fight would be more lucrative whoever he faces.
          If Ward wins the Super Six final and chooses to fight Kessler first then this fight should be in Vegas IMO I mean it would be a huge event and shouldint be all about huge paydays...SMW's will fade away if they keep fighting overseas they need to be in the limelight a bit more.

Comment

Yeah, you don't generally need to redeem yourself against fighters you've whooped silly.

Comment

I actually like the fight between Ward vs Kessler.

Kessler didn't adjust to Ward's pressure. Ward was charging all the time. And it looked sloppy at times but it still got the job done. Also, when it came to fighting from the distance or long range Ward won easily.

I honestly think Ward performed a lot better in the Kessler fight than the Abraham fight. Ward took more risk in the Kessler match making it more exciting while Ward just cruised control through Abraham not much drama or risky moves on his part.

Comment

Well OK if you want but Kesslers 2 losses have come to guys that had clear and distinct speed advantages which hasn't changed since their first meeting and Kessler doesn't seem to be as sharp and has slipped past his prime by the looks of it so this fight doesn't appear to be as up in the air as a Bute match-up would be. Who wasn't included in the S6 and didn't have alot of options while that tourney was in place.
                Not too mention Ward had the easiest path to the finals of any of the participants and if you take Kessler off his resume it looks less pretty weak.

As for Kessler not fighting Bute don't know what the offers were or weren't but if he really wanted that fight I think there could of been a compromise but who knows it does seem to make more sense for him to fight Stieglitz collect that belt and then have some type of leverage to wheel @ deal with some of the bigger names once the S6 concludes

Comment

Originally posted by Steroidgio View Post
                  Yeah, you don't generally need to redeem yourself against fighters you've whooped silly.
                  Well the victory isn't untainted as Kessler had doublevision and was headbutted silly from start to finish. Let Ward duplicate his feat in Denmark so we can see what he's really made of.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a Ward - Kessler rematch.

If Ward was able to dominate Kessler again, It would certainly shut up those fans that seem to think Ward beat Kessler the first time by just headbutting him.

Kessler deserves a shot at the winner anyway, It's a shame injury took him out of the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                    X