No announcement yet.

Larry Bird or Lebron James?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Statistics only tell part of the story. Straight up head to head Lebron is the way better athlete. Basketball players are also way better today than they were during Birds day. Bird is the better shooter however and way more clutch.
    Lebron also has better durability and longevity.
    If you ask me who I think would win a one on one prime for prime it is impossible to tell because in basketball there are too many intangibles.
    I feel like just because Lebronnis a better athlete you can’t count out LBs skill set. Plus I would rather have Bird in the playoffs or clutch games.
    Check that video out I posted. Its crazy to think people can say Bird wasnt as athletic as Lebron. Like Jordan and Kobe, Bird would talk **** and tell his defender what he was going to do to them and he did and did it against great comp. He was also much more than a shooter. His passes are stuff you dont see much of ever.

Lebron is a beast though, much more physical than Bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Check out that video I posted below Dub C, Bird was an animal (no pun intended). Seriously man, Birds all around court presence is far superior to Lebron. Bird was a great team player. Talked a lot of **** too.
      yeah but like i said, bird played in an era where there's not that many good players. soon as MJ came into play, bird was average as fcvk.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Check that video out I posted. Its crazy to think people can say Bird wasnt as athletic as Lebron. Like Jordan and Kobe, Bird would talk **** and tell his defender what he was going to do to them and he did and did it against great comp. He was also much more than a shooter. His passes are stuff you dont see much of ever.

Lebron is a beast though, much more physical than Bird.
        Bird was athletic but Lebron is the best athlete across all sports that we es seen in the last 20 years. Bird however had way more skill than Lebron. Especially shooting and dribbling. They let these guys travel all the time now.

Comment

Lebron more athletically gifted but I'd take Bird over him any day of the week

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Bird was athletic but Lebron is the best athlete across all sports that we es seen in the last 20 years. Bird however had way more skill than Lebron. Especially shooting and dribbling. They let these guys travel all the time now.
            More skills than LeBron? Please explain..

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
              More skills than LeBron? Please explain..
              Check that video out I posted than tell me if you think Birds skills are not up to par with Lebron...

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                yeah but like i said, bird played in an era where there's not that many good players. soon as MJ came into play, bird was average as fcvk.
                C'mon Dub C, as a Lakers fan, I hate the Celtics but you really cant believe the bolded.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Lebron more athletically gifted but I'd take Bird over him any day of the week
                  I'm an old school head, when it comes to the NBA but we haven't seen what LeBron is doing in any sport. On any of those days you choose Bird, LeBron will have more points, rebounds, assist, steals and blocks, than Bird.
                  Bird, was a hell of a player but pick him before Bron, Hell No!!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    LB all day!!!! this is not even close! bird is a legend so dont get me wrong but lebron is levels above bird. imo, larry bird isnt all that. he played in an era where the comp is weak.
                    You realize hand checking was legal back then right? And if you drove the lane you were getting hit...

Oh yea, and traveling was illegal.

Comment

lebron. much more versatile, athletic, skilled basketball player. he does basically everything better than bird other than shoot.

bigger, faster athlete. really high level basketball iq and visition of the game and court, too. the guy really can do it all. he's one of the best players i've ever seen in any team sport. he may honestly be better than jordan on paper, but i odn't think he has the insane, kobe level of intensity that jordan had. lebron still seems immature in my eyes, strange because he's in his 30's. i just think it speaks to the aau era in which he came up, being recruited as a 16 year old to be the next best thing, etc. don't get me wrong, i knew who kobe was before he was in the league, and in his early 20's he was a star, but he didn't get the 24/7 news coverage these young kids get when they're being recruited. lebron and kobe also didn't go to any college, which i do think helps these guys mature some, even if they're really not students for the most part.
                      Last edited by New England; 03-21-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X