No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #8 - Jorge Linares vs Anthony Crolla II, March 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB Pick 'em #8 - Jorge Linares vs Anthony Crolla II, March 25

POLL INCOMING. You now only need to post in this thread to indicate 2X or 3X and/or to pick a draw. EG.
    BrometheusBob.,2X
    If you are using no multiplier (1X), and not picking a draw, just voting in the poll puts you in. I will assume you want 1X unless you post otherwise.

NOTES:
    -CLOSE = 116-112 on all three scorecards or closer
    WIDE = Wider than 116-112 on all three scorecards

-The downside with the new approach is that your poll choice cannot be changed. If you PM me before the fight starts with a different pick I will go with that one when scoring.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 3 doubles and 2 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me BostonGuy
    Jorge Linares by Close Decision
    51.85%
    Jorge Linares by Wide Decision
    20.99%
    Jorge Linares by KO 1-4
    1.23%
    Jorge Linares by KO 5-8
    4.94%
    Jorge Linares by KO 9-12
    7.41%
    Anthony Crolla by Close Decision
    12.35%
    Anthony Crolla by Wide Decision
    0.00%
    Anthony Crolla by KO 1-4
    0.00%
    Anthony Crolla by KO 5-8
    0.00%
    Anthony Crolla by KO 9-12
    1.23%

The poll is expired.

Corolla just has to avoid being stopped to get the decision, they'll rob Linares.

Comment

BoxingFan85,2X

Comment

DreamerUSA, 2x Linares beats him easier than the first time.

Comment

123tommy crolla dec close x1

Comment

I gotta watch first fight. I can't even remember if I watched it. I think I was out that day doing something.

Comment

This fight seems pretty close at the bookies, and I remember getting fooled into thinking the winner of the first fight would easily repeat before (Frampton-Cruz).

Not sure who I'm picking yet but I'm gonna save multipliers for easier fights.

Comment

I scored the first fight very clear for Linares 9 rounds to 3, 117-111 but one judge had it 115-114 and another one 115-113 with only one judge having scored the fight correctly at 117-111. Boxingscene livescore also had it 117-111 Linares.

I would love to participate but the controversy in boxing will leave me out of this one. The fight is once again at the Manchester Arena, so Crolla will get the favoritism from judges as much as possible. Linares should win a dominant fight but the judges will have it closer than it will end up.

Comment

hhs661, 2x

Comment

Bob how about using Boxingscene livescore as the scorecards to use for fights?

They score fights pretty fairly imo

GGG-Jacobs - 114-113 GGG
                    RG - Rungvisai - 113-113
                    Thurman-Garcia - 115-113 Thurman
                    Broner-Granados - 96-94 Granados
                    Frampton-Santa Cruz II - 114-114
                    DeGale-Jack - 113-113
                    Cuellar-Mares 108-119 - Mares
                    Kovalev-Ward - 113-114 Ward
                    Lebedev-Gassiev - 113-114 Gassiev
                    Donaire-Magdanelo - 113-115 Magdanelo

There's nothing in it for boxingscene scorer to play favorites obviously, given their track record. For example BS writers love GGG and RG but we see here they gave pretty fair scores for their respective fights.

If you use Boxingscene's own scorecards you can also eliminate people actually choosing the correct prediction but not getting it because of some paid ******* of a judge, or just a plain blind or incompetent judge who needs to retire.

Comment

Working...
                    X