Saunders vs Eubank Jr Highlights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saunders vs Eubank Jr Highlights

Sharing this.

Saw this fight a couple of times. BJs have a good chin. Dude for touch a few times with those uppercuts and didn't seem phase by it.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
      Saw this fight a couple of times. BJs have a good chin. Dude for touch a few times with those uppercuts and didn't seem phase by it.
      Never even seen him remotely wobbled in his career thus far.

He was only about 60% fit for that fight as well. A fit Saunders would have probably scored a near 12-0.

People say Eubank was green then and he was, but Saunders was still only fighting around domestic/Euro level as well around that time..

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post

He was only about 60% fit for that fight as well. A fit Saunders would have probably scored a near 12-0.

People say Eubank was green then and he was, but Saunders was still only fighting around domestic/Euro level as well around that time..
        Eubank came out to a really rough start but dominated the later rounds IIRC. Would like to see a rematch down the road.

Comment

You can definitely tell that the BJS of today is in much better shape physically speaking than he has ever been.

That isn't even mentioning the experience and skill of today, plus perhaps most importantly for him his cardio

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Eubank came out to a really rough start but dominated the later rounds IIRC. Would like to see a rematch down the road.
            He dominated the second half mostly because Saunders was barely in fighting shape and faded badly. Eubank still did very well though considering it was a real jump in levels.

I'd definitely like to see a rematch down the road too although i think a fully focused and fit Saunders would always be able to outbox Eubank.

Eubank has actually turned down that rematch twice i believe. The contracts were done and he just never signed, twice. Same as the GGG fight. They even had a press conference for the rematch as it seemed a done deal and then Eubank pulled out before actually signing. Not sure where they had a press conference before 100% signing it though.

Comment

It looks like it was a damn good fight. I like Eubank better. Saunders wrestled and held a lot while Eubank just kept throwing punches relentlessly. After seeing that exciting highlight film I will try to find and watch the whole fight. Thanks, I enjoyed the video. I think Eubank would win convincingly in a rematch. He has improve a lot since he lost to Saunders.

Comment

I'm watching Eubank vs Groves Tale of the Tape. https://youtu.be/oqMBmt3W2p4

Comment

He dominated the second half mostly because Saunders was barely in fighting shape and faded badly. Eubank still did very well though considering it was a real jump in levels.

I'd definitely like to see a rematch down the road too although i think a fully focused and fit Saunders would always be able to outbox Eubank.

Eubank has actually turned down that rematch twice i believe. The contracts were done and he just never signed, twice. Same as the GGG fight. They even had a press conference for the rematch as it seemed a done deal and then Eubank pulled out before actually signing. Not sure where they had a press conference before 100% signing it though.
                  yeah, I remember there being a conference where they were debating/arguing who won the first fight, so I have no idea why a rematch never happened. I just figured there was an injury or something...Different weight classes now though, so who knows what will happen down the road.

Comment

Working...
                  X