No announcement yet.

[INTERVIEW] Tyson Fury - "I'll give someone £10,000 if they knock me down"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INTERVIEW] Tyson Fury - "I'll give someone £10,000 if they knock me down"

UNBEATEN Heavyweight Tyson Fury is so frustrated at his inability to get suitable sparring that the 6ft 9in mancunian has put a whopping £10,000 bounty on his own head. Having had just 6 rounds sparring in the last few months- courtesy of Lincolns Lee Swaby- Fury is willing to hire suitable sparring partners to move around with him in trainer Brian Hughes' gym or alternatively Tyson will travel to them. Either way, if any one manages to the 21 year old down, he will pay them the hefty cash sum. "I'm hoping 2010 will be a big year for me, because im going off boxing a bit" admitted Fury, whose planned US debut was called off due to his being unable to obtain a visa in time. "I love boxing so much, but im offering good money and no one wants to spar. Mick Hennessy and Jon Ingle tried everyone in the UK and Lee Swaby was the only one who stepped up. Any British heavyweight will do, id hire four or five. I'll even put a bounty on my chin, like Larry Holmes used to do in the 1980s. I'll give someone £10,000 if they can knock me down. Put that in Boxing News ancd we'll see if we get anyone."

While Fury is considering travelling to America for sparring- he now has a visa and may still make his stateside debut on Feb 27th - he could not be happier with his UK training team of Hughes and his assistant Pat Barrett. "I'm getting in good shape, practising my defence" Fury revealed. "We've worked just on my defence, my jab, my movement, whereas before it was just agression; its a good learning gym."

Fury is more philosophical these days and admits he can understand why some people may wish to see him lose. "I've had a lot of hype, i can talk and i believe in myself to the highest level" Tyson explained. "Some people take that confidence as me being a big mouth idiot who cant back it up. 90% of people who come to see me box, I'd say, want to see me get knocked out. But i dont care - as Floyd Mayweather says, "It doesn't matter what they say as long as they're talking about you."

Mike Tyson. Go on and knock him out.

Comment

Guys a joke.
      he turned down the chance to face Chisora at Wembley because he would rather face some unknown in the States.
      Fat ass Mcdermott beat him,Chisora would KO him.

Comment

Why doesn't Haye just go in there, deck him and collect 10,000 for 2 seconds work?

Comment

I'd have liked to see him rematch mcdermott or fight chisora but I actually think it's a better idea to move to the states for awhile to spar.he'd have no trouble getting sparring partners in the U.So.he'll develop much faster & become a better boxer as well.I've heard many times guys like Jason gavern,cisse salif,lance whitaker are some of the better sparring partners out there.if he can hook up with guys like that instead of lee swaby he'll be far more prepared for future bouts.I'd prefer him to have an American trainer to so he can learn stuff like clinching when hurt & the left hook,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            Why doesn't Haye just go in there, deck him and collect 10,000 for 2 seconds work?
            Haye offered to be a sparring partner for him but he didnt take it so i doubt hes gonna waste his time on him. im not 100% but im sure fury said it was because it was too far for him to travel.. but hes willing to go to america to get sparring

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ. View Post
              Haye offered to be a sparring partner for him but he didnt take it so i doubt hes gonna waste his time on him. im not 100% but im sure fury said it was because it was too far for him to travel.. but hes willing to go to america to get sparring
              thanks fir the interview Suzie!

Comment

probably shuda mentioned.

if you want to take fury up on his sparring offer - and you are a professional heavyweight - ring Danny Flexen on 0207 618 3098 and he'll pass ur details on.

lol any1 fancy it..

Comment

Does it count if he knocks himself down while Im sparring with him?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ. View Post
                    probably shuda mentioned.

if you want to take fury up on his sparring offer - and you are a professional heavyweight - ring Danny Flexen on 0207 618 3098 and he'll pass ur details on.

lol any1 fancy it..
                    LOL! I'm David tua's size but shorter reach & I'm not a boxer but there's no way he gets inside my jab!

Comment

Working...
                    X